Hello family! Once again sorry I am late! We have been cleaning and moving
today. We still have some things to move and clean, but we are excited for
our move! Its very small, but we feel its going to be very nice! I also
forgot my planner that has things I want to tell you so forgive me if its
kind of short today! Thats sweet you went with the Muirs, haha they are just
being nice! They are good people! I am glad to hear you got tickets too from
Tremea. I told him thank you for you. I am excited to meet his
parents...hes the man! Uhhh what day is/was easter?? None of us know...haha
shows you how we celebrated it! The package was good! The eggs held up
really good. Haha I was surprised. Well, like I said today is moving day, so
we have just been doing that.
Tupou leaves for Suva tomorrow. She will be going to school, we are very
excited for her though. She is doing good!
We will be having 2 baptisms in Vunivesi this week. We are excited for that!
They are awesome! 9 and 10 years old. Our zone had 4 baptisms this last
week. So its going pretty good, one area is giving us a headache. We have
talked to them 3 times and 3 weeks in a row its been the same thing with
their numbers so I think President is just going to call them. We also had a
great Sunday in Vunivesi, we have 2 receive the priesthood! Aisake who is 15
and Semi, the one I baptized before...our 2nd baptism here...big hair guy.
Well he's been reading about the priesthood and stuff and read that they
should be clean dressed and all so he completely cut all of his hair!! Haha
man it's awesome!! I gave him the priesthood. I think that was the first
time I have ever done it and especially the first time in Fijian...haha It
was cool! I had to teach our branch president how to do it in Fijian. It was
good though! There is one more we are working with to receive it...Beni who
we just baptized not too long ago. So that was way good!
We had to go to Labasa for interviews last week and we need to go again
tomorrow for another interview. So we have been doing some traveling. We are
having our Zone Training Meeting on Thursday here in Savusavu and then there
is a Trainers/Trainee meeting on Friday for all those who are training. So
back to back meetings. We are doing our training on Diligence...Just having
that excitement and urge to work! To get things done on time...Studies on
time and leave the flat by 1 and dont come back until 9! Planning how to
fill your day with effective activities so fill up those hours. So we are
excited for it, we have some good ideas..
Our Zone Leaders Council was good also. We went to Suva on Thursday and came
back on Friday. Just a short trip. It was pretty good, we talked about
always being positive. So for these meetings all the ZLs pick a topic to
bring up and discuss on behalf of their zone and also the mission as a
whole. Our topic this time was always being positive. Sometimes we try so
hard to find a problem in the zone and then it seems worse than it really is
so we just talked about always being positive! It went good! I really liked
Sister Klinglers training. I think this one was one of my favorites of hers.
She talked about Charity and Love. But one of my favorite parts of it was
from a scripture in Moroni 10:32-33. A phrase that really hit was "deny
yourselves from all ungodliness". We talked about what that meant and what
not and we had a really good discussion! Anything that takes our mind away
from the gospel or that distracts us in our progression just drop it! Dont
do it! We need to have that mind set that we will not do anything ungodly.
As we study and learn the gospel it helps us with this...As we become more
mature in the gospel our view of ungodliness enhances. I have definitely
seen this with me! I think of things back home before and to me they were
not a big deal, oh well type of thing, but now, it's changed. I understand
why those things are ungodly...big things and little things...So the more we
mature and grow in the gospel, those things will naturally become ungodly to
us. It was pretty cool!
I also had a good study out of the Book of Mormon. Sorry Dad, there is no
way I'll be able to finish it again. Haha. I just read 1 Nephi 16 about the
broken bow. They face a hard time right there, they couldn't get food, they
were all complaining except Nephi, he had faith and relied on the Lord to
provide help for them. What do you know?? Nephi pulls through again and
makes a bow and gets food! Nephi understood what would happen if he
complained like everyone else or if he relied on the Lord. We all know that
the Lords way is the best way so we should not complain. Richard G. Scott
said something like the trials we face in our life that dont come from
disobedience, is the Lord showing us that we have something to learn or an
opportunity to grow. In order for us to grow, we have to be stretched and
that usually includes pain and discomfort (which I am feeling in my legs!)
haha but yeah it was really good! I am still reading it, its just hard
because somedays we dont even do studies and this week we have been studying
for our training.
Uhh, I am trying to think what else I was going to tell you that I wrote on
my planner...my bad! So yeah things are going good! The last 6 weeks just
going to push push and push! Keep trying to get our branch a little more
organized and trained and with our missionaries just get the attitude of
work! WORK WORK WORK! Just finish strong! I really like the scripture from 1
Chronicles 28 i think 8-9 or 9-10 maybe I can't remember. It's when Solomon
was called to build the temple and it says to know and serve God and to know
the we have been chosen and to be strong and do it! Nike..."just do it"
haha. So yeah things are going good! President is good. Our zone is doing
good, we are happy! So yeah all is well here! Have a great week! If i forgot
to tell you anything I will tell you next week. I will try to send some
pictures today too. So love you guys! Moce!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment