Apr 29, 2013

week 102


Bula Vinaka my family! Hows things going? Things here have been pretty busy
this week! A suprise transfer came in and I now have a new companion...Elder
Ledoux got transferred to be AP! Haha! He was not happy!!! I am now with
Elder Zajac who leaves in July so both of us are dying and soon there will
be two brand new missionaries in the area. So unfortuntely it will only be a
short 2 weeks or so with him, but we are both very excited and ready to
work!
 About the farewell...yes tell them to sing a Fijian song! Can you ask them
what song there are singing? I want to see if I know it. Also, can you ask
the Bishop what he wants me to talk on? How I can help the ward in whatever
topic? So have you received the flight plans? Thats news to me! Sounds good,
night time eh? Yeah it's going to be weird being in normal life again. Man
that sucks all of those guys will be gone, but that's cool though. I heard
you can make a lot of money doing that. I can't think of anything haha
whatever works. I just bought a table cloth thing too this week.  We are
going to need to cut it and sew it to make it a square, but then you will
have extra to use in whatever you want. That's sweet about all those
missionaries. Scott Fotheringham emailed me this week. Max is going to the
mission where LeDoux lives.

Man I heard about the bombings, ha that's messed up man! Way sad! Being in
Fiji and on a mission has honestly opened my eyes to know how corrupt the
world is and America. Fiji is a way safe place, no guns, nothing. The only
thing that is really bad in Fiji, is rape. Which is really bad.

So yeah its been a pretty good week. Elder Zajac is the man. I wish we had
longer time to be with each other, but no worries. I told him I would go
visit him in San Diego. The zone had a good week this week. Rotuma is an
island in the zone where they are wayyyy out there. The island is running
out of food ha so they are struggling right now. We are going to Rabi today,
after this, and going to do last exchanges and interviews. We are going down
to their unit area, and I dont think any other missionaries have been down
there and so we will go there tomorrow. I am excited. Then we come back
tomorrow, and Wednesday night we will sleep in Labasa and then Thursday we
fly to Suva for our Zone Leaders Council. Well, now it's Mission Leadership
Council or something like that. It's worldwide now, that there will be
Sister Leaders. We'll see how that works.  Then next week, we will have our
Zone Training Meeting in Labasa and then go to Taveuni. So the last
travelling here in Fiji will be done.
We watched conference this week. We just need to watch the Sunday Afternoon
session. It was way good! We watched President Monsons talk on obedience
with an Investigator. It was really good.
Investigators are going good, we are trying to get a couple of them
baptismal dates. They are close. We just need to find more investigators
too. So yeah.

Boy! Sister Terry made a dang good cheesecake! She had her daugher send her
those circus animal cookies and she used that as the crust and made a
cheesecake with it. It was soo good! We have an oven now in our flat, haha
way lucky! I made a red velvet cake and took it to our family home evening.
They loved it! It was a success!
So yeah that's about it this week, its been busy with a lot of small things.
Sorry it's a bit shorter this week. Oh yeah haha the picture with the bed
and the DVD player...sorry this was probabaly one of the highlights of the
week... we were sleeping and it was about 3:30 in the morning. Ledoux always
goes to bed watching a movie (church movie that is) and it was charging at
the same time. So it was on his bed and still on. All of a sudden, boom!!!!!
The DVD player explodes!!! We have bunk beds and I was on top, but I didnt
wake up to the explosion, I woke up to the big flash. Elder Ledoux shot up
out of bed and the bed was on fire and he put the fire out. We both were
like what the heck just happened! He was lucky his face didnt get messed up,
because it was right next to it. I am blind of course so I couldn't see what
happened.  I had to put my glasses on and I was was shocked! haha there was
a big burnt hole in the mattress and the DVD player was just destroyed.
Hahaha it was crazy! We stayed up till like 4 talking about it and then i
went back to sleep, but he couldn't sleep again. So he stayed up and then
about 5:30 I woke up again and we went to town around 5:45 and at this small
little store, we went to buy an ice cream cone and went to go wake up the
other elders because we were doing our wash there, but now we have a washer
so it's all good. So yeah haha that was crazy. Thats all for the week! Love
you guys! Have a great week! Moce!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment