Apr 15, 2013

week 101


Hello my family. How's things going?? Well, we had a pretty good week this
week. It was a slower week, but it was good. Crazy eh? 3 more sundays left!
JACE.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YOU ARE A QASE!!! (OLD) how was the birthday? oh
yeah and did you know you can listen to conference in Kekchi?? I was
listening to it today hahaha. We went to the chapel and listened to
conference for studies. BTW My patriarchal blessing is finished! I just need
to type it up now. So I will be doing that now. I feel pretty confident in
the translation. I am sure there are a few things that could be said better
or differently, but for the most part I think it's pretty good. Like I said,
writing in FIjian is much different than speaking. Not a lot of missionaries
really learn how to write very well.

Well rememeber how I told you about our mile limit...Tuesday we hit over
1100 kilometers out of 2000, haha, so we will for sure be going over! We had
to go to Labasa again. So yeah, also the Howards who are the new senior
couple here, but they are in charge of the humanitarian, came to check
things out. I think they will be coming to stay in a couple weeks. They were
shocked about the roads in Suva and how bad they were then they came here
and drove on the roads here and said man you guys got Suva beat by far!! We
were like uhh the roads we just drove on our probably the best roads you
will drive on, it gets a lot worse! So I was just thinking about how
different the perspective is from brand new people from America to one whose
been here forever...saying that, I dont really remember been way "culture
shocked" but I could be wrong, I don't remember haha. It's going to be weird
going back to America and that lifestyle.

We spent some time in Vunivesi this week. We have a lot of potential
investigators!!! There are a ton, but we just need to get things going with
them! That's the frustrating thing, because the members say just to wait and
wait but then we are just going wait for another 2 years! We have been
trying to teach them that it's not forcing them to take lessons, but just
getting them to move especially when some of them come to church every
single week. So we did just started teaching one new one yesterday. He's
another kid, he is a little brother of a member, and his two best friends
were the two that got baptized last week. So he should be good too.  We are
trying to get them to be a little more organized and working together more.
Most of them were just baptized last year, but we want all of them to work
together and to have a part in church, not just for the unit leader to do
everything. So we are working with that. I have thought about multiple times
just what if I came back here for a few months and just worked in the branch
or the unit and helped them move... haha it would be pretty fun, but very
stressful at the same time. I don't know.

I do feel like I have grown as a leader for sure...One thing I have learned
about being a leader is you just need to be a good friend to everyone. You
need to love them and not just tell them to do this or not to do this. So
yeah I have for sure seen the growth there.

The zone is doing pretty good. We have 20 Baptism dates now and we could get
more because we had 28 people at church last week. Other than that, things
are going well, just keep on moving forward, just really trying to get the
branch and unit to be on a steady schedule and organized. It's tough! But we
are doing our best. So yeah that's about all for the week! Hope you guys
have a good week....Love you guys! I will try to let you know more about the
flights and all.

Moce toka!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment