Apr 29, 2013

week 103


Bula Vinaka family!

Well times a tickin! Man that sucks everyone is going to be gone! haha oh
well no worries! Yeah anyone that wants to come to the airport can come, no
worries...Man things are too crazy right now I dont know what I want to do
or need to do! Haha I'm just doing whatever comes. We only had a couple of
days in our area this week. I got a great email from Scott, he is doing well
and really enjoys the MTC. I just gave him some advice on things I wish I
would have done at the very beginning of my mission. It was a good one.

My new companion is the man, we have been getting a long awesome. Way funny!
Haha we always say that's what you get for putting two dying guys together!
Haha we are doing good work though. We went to Rabi on Monday came back
Wednesday, then Wednesday night, we went to Labasa and Thursday morning,
went to Suva came back Friday and then had the weekend to work. It was fun
though.

Well it's been busy like I said. We went to Rabi on Monday. On our way up
there, we went to this hotel called "Lomalagi" which is Heaven in English.
There is a sign that says "Welcome to Heaven" haha so we took pictures of
that and all but the actual hotel wasn't very nice haha it was funny. We got
to Rabi and had a way fun FHE with this family and just played this games. I
got a video of it...Its way funny! Tuesday we went down to where the unit is
and we are the first two other than elders who served there so go to this
place. We rode on a boat pretty much all day.  It was fun. We did a few
interviews down there. It was really good. Rabi would be soo fun to serve
on. It's a blast over there and the people there are just funny! Here is a
pretty funny story. So Elder Rasband came to Fiji, and he wanted to do a
missionary only fireside. Well we didn't know what was going to happen, who
would go and all. Well we get a call on Monday right as we are on the boat
to leave to Rabi. APs said they are going to broadcast it in Labasa and go
to Labasa. Well no shot that is going to happen! That's like a 4 hour drive
and interviews had to be done. So we just went to Rabi but all the others
went to the broadcast. So I think we were the only ones who didnt watch it,
but we were sitting in Hammocks at the time of the broadcast and riding
boats haha. It sucked we couldnt watch it, but it was still fun and we
couldnt do anything about it, because of the short notice. So because of
that the other elders were doing interviews up by where we were and we just
told them to go and we would find a ride to the truck some way. Well it's
like a 45 minute drive between where we were and where our truck is. So we
just took a chance. We waited for like 2 hours until we found a transport
back to our truck. We asked around and all, but if we couldnt we proabbly
would have just slept in some random house in some random village until the
morning bus came haha.  You can easily do that in Fiji and be totally fine.
But luckily one came, this huge carrier truck driven by this Indian guy. The
road is barely big enough to fit one big truck on it, well as we were going,
a bus came and so that held things up a bit trying to make it work. So we
got to Tuakvesi where our truck was around 8 or so and too exhausted to
drive 2 more hours to the flat so we just asked the Branch President if we
could stay in the elders flat there in Tukavesi so we did that and then in
the morning, drove back to Savusavu...Boy! We got back and just crashed! We
were dead! We got a few things done, showing Elder Zajac, the area and
talking about investigators and members. Then that night we had to drive
another 1.5 hour to Labasa, then the next day we flew to Suva...Lots of
traveling!
Our meeting with the sisters went pretty good. They did bring up some good
points. I think it will be good to have them. So yeah that was the last one
of those meetings. I used some money to buy a couple new pair of garments. I
will probably get some more when I go in again. Also that night in Suva, we
stayed in Nausori and right when we were about to go to bed, the other ZLs
get a call and this companionship got in a fight, (no punches were thrown)
so we had to go there and deal with that. They couldn't solve the problem,
so Elder Zajac and I slept with one of them and their flat and so we just
stayed up talking and trying to help solve the problem. We went to bed
around 2 and then woke up about 6 to get ready to go to the airport. So yeah
we both are still pretty tired. I was thinking about how before, I went to
bed so late and man, I can't do it! I want to go to bed like at 9 now! Ha so
yeah Friday all day we were pretty beat. So yeah ha we had a slow weekend,
because school break just started so everyone is gone.
We had a pretty cool experience yesterday, Noma who is one of our
investigators, surprised us. We first started teaching her step daughter and
focusing on her. Noma would always sit there and listen but she said he
wouldnt do anyting because she follows the husband (a culture thing here)
but the husband is a drunk and crazy, so we thought man, that will take some
time. He's a way cool guy, but kind of hardhearted. Only what he wants type
of thing. Well they have been having problems and he told us everything
pretty much and just said its not good, and we tried talking to him about
what we do and how the gospel blesses families. He said to come over Sunday
so we were hoping that this could be a time to change, so we went yesterday
and we see Noma and said that Joti (the husband) is in jail, he beat up some
guy when he was drunk the other night...SAD! Ha that's no good. So we were
just talking and she was saying how she wants to move on, but she cants if
hes like this so he wants to divorce and all, but then she said something
that was news to us! She said that she is going to tell him, that she wants
to move forward and she is going to move forward in this church, the LDS
church. That's the first time she has ever mentioned anyting like that and
we were just like what? Haha and she is really wanting to learn more and
come to church here. So it was sweet! Unfortunately I want be able to see
what all happens, but I am glad we have a really good relationship with them
and I felt like Ive done my best to help them learn about the gospel. So it
was sweet!

So yeah that was the week! We have our Zone Training Meeting in Labasa
tomorrow and then Wednesday we will be going to Taveuni. So once again
another week where we will only be in the area for a few days. But we are
excited for our training, we are talking about helping our Investigators
gain a firm understanding about the Book of Mormon and its purpose in our
testimony and its use in our lives. I think it will be good..

It's been weird, we were talking about telling all the missionaries to set
up their Mother's Day call and I was like I won't have one! Haha that will
be face to face! Its exciting! Its definitely gone by way too fast! A member
from my first area Burewai called me the other day and we talked and he was
like man you speak good fijian now! Haha I really wanted to go up to see
them before I leave, but its not going to happen. It feels like I've been
here so long, but yet soo short. It's weird. I have definitely learned a lot
and want to continue to learn! I am no where near perfect, but the blessings
we are promised, its totally worth trying your best to be perfect. So yeah
it's been a good two years! Very different than I thought it would be, but I
think a part of that is just the work here in Fiji and your surroundings.
Sometimes it just feels like a party everyday haha. But it's been good, I am
grateful for many things in the states.
We dont realize how easy or how simple things are to us. It's been a
challenge to help others here understand in the way that we understand, but
you need to go even simpler. It's been a very good learning experience.
Well hope you guys have a great week! Smile, laugh, be happy! Life is good!
I will be continuing to work hard until the end, still things to do and to
improve on! love you guys! moce!

Elder Hansen



No comments:

Post a Comment