I had to be sure that was the first thing I said!! How are things my family?
Congrats on the walk! Thats awesome! Dad I am suprised you didnt say
anything about me being 200 pounds! haha We went to the gym today for the
first time! It was sweet! We are going to go 3 times a week. I was dead so
fast! It was ridiculous! Its ok, the first time will be the hardest. I can
do it. Well things here are busy, we had a really weird week this week. It
was so hectic. We had leadership training on Wednesday. It was really good.
We talked about studies, doing all three...personal,comp,andlanguage.It was
really good! We talked about how we need to prepare ourselves to have a
spiritual experience and how it doesnt just come by reading a few scriptures
and you're done. It was really good! We also lost one of our areas, Wailoku.
The Rotuma elders that were staying with us were suppose to go back but
there is a boat that goes once a month to Rotuma and takes food and all that
stuff. Well it didn't come this month so President didnt want them to go so
they put them in Wailoku. So we are just the two Tamavua wards. Elder Ruben
who was in Labasa when I was in Seaqaqa is hurt. He collapsed both of his
arches so now he is staying with us (he gained too much weight! hahaha). We
have been doing his therapy with him. I had to rub his arches and give him
pain. Ha it was sweet! I taped his foot today too. So an Elder got food
poisoning the other day in my district and spent two days in the hospital.
So Elder Tremea went to his area and Ruben and I stayed in our area. We
found that out plus the Wailoku thing all in like ten minutes and it was
just hectic!!
Well it continues....Saturday! We had 2 baptisms!! Yeah! I baptized both of
them and actually 2 ward baptisms also. So that morning, the aunt of one of
them call me "Is Mele getting baptized today? I was like uhh yeah. Then she
went off about how she didn't know and they aren't ready and whatever. We
have told you who knows how many times! We also gave them like 3 baptism
records to fill out and they never did. It was ridiculous! She was asking to
do it on another day and I was like what! But then she said that they will
be there. Well, the next thing was the baptism font ( first one in a true
font). I forgot that we are responsible for the font! So I was freaking out
that we had to go fill up the font but wouldn't have enough time! Luckily,
it filled up fast! I am used to just going to a river and water is already
there! Bishop said that the ward would take care of the program and the 1st
counselor comes and asks me what is the program. The Bishop said you were
going to do it. SO we all know what that means....NO program was ready. Then
President and Sister Klingler show up! I was like ohh crap! This is going to
be embarrassing! The service was way sketch! No one knew what was going on.
We sang a closing song that a whole 3 people knew. It was the first and last
time I will let someone else plan a baptism! Hahaha I was so embarrassed!
The Klinglers didn't say anything though so it's done, the 4 people are
baptized! I confirmed one of them on Sunday and it was the first time I have
done it in Fijian so it was good. 2 and 3 baptism in like 7 months! Yeah! It
was good though! SO yeah it has been a crazy week for sure. Things are going
good! My studies are going good, I am focusing on The Book of Mormon and
Jesus The Christ right now. District is going good, transfers are in 2 weeks
I think, maybe 3,not sure if I'll go or not. Tremea is the man! He is
learning very quickly, he is a great missionary! Well, have a good week!! I
bought some new garments today too. They are like 95 cents here, haha way
cheap! I bought some bigger ones hahaha. Well love you all! Mom, have a
great birthday!! Thank you very much for everything mother...You are the
woman! I will talk to you next week!!
dou vakacegu toka!
Elder Hansen



No comments:
Post a Comment