Aug 8, 2012

week 65

Bula Vinaka kemudou na wekaqu lomani! Bear Lake is sweet! I havent been
there forever! There was an elder who just went home in April from there.
Well things are still crazy here doing things for the AP's and all that.
There was an emergency transfer. Elder Ruben who was with us went home on
medical leave (he just lives in Suva). He is not released, just a few weeks
to focus on his legs to get better and then come back. Well, Elder Tremea is
his replacement. I am with the Wailoku elders until Wednesday then I get
another ward missionary from Kadavu. It was weird and we both were not
happy!!! I don't understand why they did it like this, there are plenty of
other good ways to do it but its for a reason and we cant change it so you
just have to deal with it! I have been doing everything pretty much by
myself the past few days so we'll see what happens. The legit transfers
should come in this week. It's weird, Elder Tremea called me and I asked him
how it was going and he said uhhh I dont know how it is going, hahaha so
funny. My 2 sons are all grown up now! They grow up so fast! hehehe. Well
had an ok week though this week. It was an up and down week, we didnt meet
our goals at all this week, people not coming to church, they promise us
they will and dont show up...soo frustrating!! Prayers definitely have been
answered though, that's for sure! We have been praying last week and this
week alot for new investigators and trying to figure out what to do with
this whole gay situation. Well this week we got 7 new investigators!!! Sulu,
one of the girls we baptized, her family now wants to take lessons! Her mom
is awesome too, way nice so we will start teaching them this week. We also
got a young couple.  We went to go see another investigator and they were
just there. It was sweet! Also, Bui (gay person) called one of the members
saying she wants to take lessons again, we havnt seen her in a couple weeks.
Come to find out, her "partner" left and Bui just said she wants to change
and not be like that anymore and she feels that is holding her back in
life...it was sweet!! She still needs to go through an interview with
President but it's one huge step closer! It was awesome! We also had 3 less
actives come back! We have been working with them for a few weeks.
Especially one, Brandon Chadra, we have seen him ever since we got here. He
came for the first time in a few years on Sunday! He said he wants to get
things right and serve a mission! Sunday, he was participating and all. His
mom also came who was less active. It was such a good feeling seeing him
back. He came up to me and just said "It feels good to be back!" I was soo
happy!!! We have had a lot of success with less actives lately...Its
amazing! I went on exchanges with Elder Trent, he is new, he came with
Tremea. He had a fijian comp but he doesnt do anything really to help him.
We talked and he was very frustrated. We had a great exchange. We did pure
fijian the whole time. Haha I made him do everything in lessons. He was so
happy...He was like man, I have not done any of that so far in 3 months and
that was fun. So I taught him ways to study and got him some things to study
in Fijian and so I hope I boosted his confidence in learning and what not.
It was a really good exchange. Billy our investigator who is done with
everything, almost done reading The Book of Mormon, did come to church!
Thats all he needs to do and something always happens that he cant come! The
other day, haha, it was so funny, his daughter called him to say we were
here and he said  "Yes! God is coming to meet Bill!" He said it in english
and he rarely ever speaks english and it was the funniest thing ever! He
just giggled after and it was hilarious! He said the first time he saw us,
he knew that God was with us. It was way cool. President in his email said
that I had a lot on my plate with everything but he is very proud of the way
I have handled it and my continued leadership and work here. I felt good,
One thing I have learned is what ever happens, you cant change it, but you
can change the way you act with it and what not. You just gotta roll with
what you got! It was a good email. We had a good combined district meeting
with the other Suva district. The Zone Leaders did the training and here's a
fun fact that is not very fun....15,000 members in Fiji, and only 5,000
active. A ton of less active work is needed here. They did a training on
real growth and on repentance with investigators. We are here to give them
an opportunity to repent and receive the celestial kingdom. Like marriage
for  instance, a lot of times we say "Oh they just need to be married and
they can be baptized." Well, have they met the requirements of repentance?
Really focusing on that, if they have showed a change of heart and not just
they know the answers to the baptism questions. IF we do this, it will more
much more effective and lower the less actives. It was really good and I am
going to give a training on teaching and apply this tomorrow. I am excited.
It really helped me to focus my teaching on them and helping them to change
in their heart. We can do that by the way to teach, really teaching people
and not lessons. It was good. Some great scriptures they used and I
recommend to look up and think about in our own lives...Helaman 15:7-8...D&C
18:11-15....D&C 138:19...It really helped me alot in my work and to fulfill
my purpose to help others to come unto Christ..Well how do we do that? How
do we help them to have faith and repent and so on? That's my goal for my
teaching this week. Really do always include Christ and His atonement a lot
too. So yeah. Well this has been a good week. I am really excited for this
next upcoming week. I hope all is well. Find time to read scriptures
everyday! They are powerful! They are real!! Love you all!! Sorry, I forgot
my cord to send pictures! Next week!! Moce Mada!!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment