Jul 17, 2012

week 62

Hello, my dear family I am here in this wonderful place of Fiji where the
sun shines and the water flows.  HA!!! How is it people? Things here are
doing good! Not going to lie, I am exhausted and its only 11:45! Melanie did
write back! She is doing some volunteer work this week in the Dominican
Republic. I was just like hey what's up, I'm Shane, I'm in Fiji, I love ice
cream, uhh yeah! Peace! Haha jk I said more than that but she is way
athletic (from what it sounds) so that's a plus! We had a good week, fall
throughs again, but we still had over 20 lessons. We are doing good. We had
a baptism interview on Saturday but he didn't come to church on Sunday!!! So
now we have to wait a week to baptize him. He's 12 though so what do you
expect! We are hoping for 1 or 2 more interviews this week so we'll have
some baptisms coming up! Mom, I found a guy that does Nativities. I will be
getting one next week. The two elders from Rotuma are staying with us for 2
weeks....Rotuma is an island pretty far. They learn Rotuman...it's a cool
language. One had to come to the doctor so they will be with us for 2 weeks.
It's a 3 day boat ride there. One of our investigators Billy, he is bomb! He
is almost done with the Book of Mormon except he needs to come to church and
he will be baptized. He is the man!! We had a really good week with less
actives. We saw 3 or 4 of them. We had really good lessons with them. They
haven't been to church for a long time. We met with them once each and had
good lessons. Sunday, they are all there!!! I was like wow! That was sweet!!
One of the guys we go out with alot, hes getting ready for a mission. He
asked us one night if we would share a spiritual thought with his dad? Yeah
sure! After the lesson, and that week, Jone (the kid) said that he was
talking about that lesson a lot. He went to church and saw bishop with his
wife and is getting back in. It was awesome! I have been thinking about my
mission and a lot of the lessons are things that stick out are with less
active members and my patriarchal blessing talks about that too...helping
those who are already members. I thought of Seaqaqa for sure! In one of the
wards, that is all we are doing...Recent Converts who are less active and
the long time less actives. So it's been good. The Suva zone had a
missionary fireside last night and President was talking about his first
year in Fiji and things that have been happening and how the gospel is
growing here in Fiji. He said that he and Sis Klingler have flown 129 times
in the first year to different islands. New Caledoina after 4 plus years has
just had the first stake made there. Kadavu branch now has a real branch
president (before it was the missionaries).  Multiple branches have been
started in places where there were no members before. The cause of the split
in the mission is because of the growth here in Fiji and I was thinking
about that all in one year. That is sweet!!! I cant wait to see how much in
the years to come. The stake president then spoke and said....The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is here in Fiji to stay! It was way cool!
I heard once a math expression....we add members we multiple something (
dont remember) we divide wards....So yeah it was cool! Well, we are about to
go to a waterfall today! Im stoked! So you will get some pictures next week!
Sorry none today! But always remember....iyap!!! not ipod! iyap! Is Your
Attitude Positive! Have a good week!! Things are busy and well here!! Love
you all!! Moce mada!
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment