Jun 28, 2012

week 59


Ni sa bula vinaka kemudou na noqu matavuvale!

That's crazy about Mike! That's soo crazy!! That's way sad man! I didn't get
way close with him but he was a way nice guy. Sorry the Jett pics haven't
happened yet, this week. It wasn't the greatest weather this week and we
need to do it on a clear sunny day! Dad, you are on your way to being a
whole new man with this fishing deal! haha I like though! Don't hurt MY
truck! haha Well we have had a very very interesting week my family! First I
forgot to tell you that we had zone conference last week...It was an ok one.
A few things I did like a lot though were about stewardship. Our role in
that and what we have stewardship over. Time also, which I will need to
master very very soon! I'll tell you in a minute.Time is money! If we had
extra money left over or just money period, you wouldn't waste it, would
you? NO! Same thing with time, we can't just waste it and when we have extra
time we need to find things productive to do! We talked about keeping recent
converts active and how Pres. Hinckley said the three things for a recent
convert...Friend, responsibility, and nourished by the good word of God. How
important these things are and how every single recent convert needs this.
We compared it how if a family had 3 kids and 2 of them died, we wouldn't
say...yeah!! I still have one!! No we would be devastated and what not.
That's how Heavenly Father is...he isn't happy when only some come back to
Him. He is devastated when some don't go back to Him and what not. It was
very good. The last section of PMG is about the commitment to stay active in
the church and I never really noticed or thought about it like that. No
wonder why it's the very last thing in PMG. Pres. Klingler did a training on
"Who do we think we are"?  and "Identity". It was really good. Identity
comes from your values and beliefs, then your attitude, then your actions,
and then that's the reality of who we are....It was very interesting to
think about that. It starts from our beliefs and values...In our beliefs and
values...the reality should be Christ is our identity...That's who we
are...We are disciples of Christ and everything we do, should be like Him.
It was pretty cool to think about. I also heard a sweet quote too. "Any two
people can do anything they want as long as one of them is Christ." BOOM!!
It was like the game 7 game winning grand slam! Haha, It was sweet when I
heard it. So yeah that was zone conference. My interview with President was
good too. It's always short! He did say though that he has always thought
our intake was special, being the first ones they met. Haha, yeah that's
right! So yeah...That's what the pics are from. So the week was ok this
week, for the first month. We average about 13 lessons every week. That's
pretty dang good for a walking area and starting from scratch. Every week we
have had soo many fall thru's where we could get 20 lessons a week. We have
found at least 1 or 2 new investigators each week. Two less actives that
haven't been to church for a long time came yesterday! I was soo happy man!
One of them I was just joking around with and like hey I'll see you Sunday
at church and she came! The other one, Elder Tremea and I wanted to start
working with but he came on his own and said he wants to start his mission
papers... ha it was way random! I don't know what changed but it's good! We
are going to really help him and work with him now. Oh yeah, at church
too...Sister Solomone, wife of the ward mission leader(Spiritual giant guy),
she gave a talk on Motherhood and laid it down hard!!! It was sooo bomb!! We
talked about fathers last week you know and this week she talked on Mothers.
It was sweet!!! She was like you know I don't except this saying that
everyone says.."Boys are just being boys". They are not just boys!!! They
are children of Heavenly Father and are soon to be or are priesthood
holders! It was soo sweet! Yeah fun fact! Soo this is the big news of the
week. Transfers came in this week...Both of us are still staying
here....Estill is now ZL is Suva...we have followed each other the whole
time, so its sweet. BUT... In Tremeas interview President said "I feel that
soon you will have so much work that you won't have time for it".  We were
like yeah that would be sweet! But never thought much of it. Well we now
know why he said that! We are now covering two more wards AND we have a car
AND I am now District Leader! Haha, I think at this moment, next to the
AP's, I am the busiest Elder in the mission! President asked me today if I
have ever taught 40 lessons in a week. I was like uhhh nope but I would sure
be happy to!!! So he said that our goal now is 40 lessons! No idea how we
are going to do it but we will do it!! There were two elders in Tamavua 1
(Fijian ward) and Wailoku (English ward) and they were doing really well! So
many investigators, they were averaging 19 a week. So we are white washing
again 2 more wards. We will have 3 wards and dinner up the ying yang and we
are going to be soooo busy!!! Talk about learning how to plan! It's going to
be nuts!! We just need to figure all this stuff out and try to make time the
most effective. I'm excited! Being district leader will be a good experience
except all the things the AP's don't have time for, they ask us, so its kind
lame but oh well! Ha like tonight, two elders from Kiribis are sleeping in
our flat for a couple days. So it's going to be insane for the first couple
weeks. So we gotta do as much work as we can! So I am excited, it will be
busy, but it was be fun! Wailoku is a way cool area too...more bush type and
some waterfalls, I guess there too. So we will see what happens! That's all
the news I have for you this week! Love you all!!
Vakaukauwa tiko! Keep going strong! Moce!

Elder Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment