Jun 12, 2012

week 57


First off sorry I am way late this week!! This is the bad thing about not
having a car because we are on other peoples time so I'm sorry!! Sounds like
things are going good my family. I weighed myself today and I was like 193.
Haha. Elder Tremea and I have set a goal to start running at least 3 days a
week and be serious about it. I am not worried about lifting because that
will come. I just need to get my legs in better shape and get my stomach
down! So we both will be doing work! I havnt run into Qaroya guy, but I
think I might know who his brother is. Ill keep my eye out. Well the work
here in Suva is doing good. Mom we are actually in one of the nicest areas
in Fiji. We just don't work that much in the nicer parts..too much money,
too greedy, not humble! haha Ill take some pics of some houses so you can
see. Elder Tremea and I are doing good. It was a weird week this week. We
thought it was a rough week then we did numbers and we met almost all of our
goals. It poured this week and we walked so it wasnt the greatest but we
easily could have beaten our goals, just a lot of fall through's. We got 2
more invesitgators this week, the mother of Kalesita, the 22 year old girl,
and a little boy Russell who is 8. His brother got baptized last year and
his parents were like yeah he just turned 8 he needs to be baptized ahaha
uhh yes we can do that for you! We will take you down with him too!! haha jk
We are working on the parent. So yeah we have about 6 investigators (not
enough) but now we can really get working. Like it says in PMG you cant do
any work if you dont have anyone to teach. So yeah we excited for this week.
Two of the investigators we are planning to commit to baptism. PMG tells us
to commit after the first lesson, not necessarily to a date, but to commit.
We feel when we commit them, we will really see where they are at and want
to go. A lot of people here just want to have a "Bible study" and dont quite
understand why we are here. We are here to baptize and we need to make sure
that they understand that. So We are excited. Elder Tremea is doing good. He
had "coka" alot this week. Haha our toilet is plugged now but hes a trooper!
We are still walking everywhere, or buses or taxis. In the district,
everyone pretty much walks, DLs and ZLs have a car and there might be one
area in the district that has a bike. We don't see the ZLs or APs often,
just pday and district meeting. President is good. I have only seen him once
since I have been here. He has been in Vanuatu finishing up things for the
mission split. He's been there for like a week. So yeah things are good. I
feel like we have been in this area for a couple months but its only been
like 3 weeks.  Elder Myer, the AP, was actually saying today that we are
doing good for how long we have been here and maybe just as good when there
were missionaries there. Our goal is 20 lessons a week. We had 11 last week
and if there had been no fall through's probably very close to 20. So that
is our goal. I have never had 20 lessons in a week in my mission but we will
get it going! Church is good. Man it has been empty though, compared to what
everyone says. It's like a branch. I am not sure if people are out of town
or what but we taught the YSA sunday school class. It was really good. We
talked about Alma 13 and like foreordained callings and how we need to
fulfill the things we agreed to in the pre earth life in this life. How we
were worthy to receive those callings and how we need to remain worthy of
these callings, by faith, repentance, doing good works, and what not and if
we do, we will "enter into His rest" or the fullness of His glory. So it was
really good lesson! There are a few elders preparing for missions and we
applied it a lot to missionary work. Oh yeah I forgot to mention last week
for lunch we ate deep fried fat. Literally, it was just fat and deep fried.
It was definitely the worst thing anyone could have eaten. Haha oh well, I
still downed it! Sunday in sacrament a man from the High Council was talking
about sustaining. It was a really good talk and a few things I was thinking
about. In the church, all the callings are given to the weak and simple (D&C
1) of the church, no paid or learned clergy. Why do we have such confidence
and feel everyone will succeed in their calling?? Pres. Boyd K. Packer
talked about how he felt inadequate to fulfill an assignment he had, how an
apostle of the Lord feels like that, shows us the we are all the same, and
that God is no respecter of persons. The church is carried by ordinary
members of the church. Also the 2nd Couselor in the Stake Presidency who is
in our ward talked about welfare and talked about how spiritual guidance
cant come from one who is spiritual weak. The poor and needy, temporal and
spiritual. How sometimes we forget the meaning of "needy". Not just the poor
who dont have much or what not, but people who have needs, whether temporal,
or spiritual. He talked about a "quorum" or a class, brother/sisterhood, and
a service unit. Two very good talks that I thought a lot about and learned a
lot from...It was sweet! Elder Tremea and I just talk non stop about gospel
things. We both want to learn as much as we can and what not, and a couple
times a week, at the end of the day, we have set a goal to study some
random/deep/awesome doctrine. I have started Jesus The Christ too. I am not
going to read the Bible front to back, maybe after the mission, but I want
to finish a couple books and then I am going to finish The Book of Mormon
again and then D&C. There is soo much to study!! I love it though! So yeah,
two quotes I found that I really liked "Yesterday, I was clever so I wanted
to change the world. Today, I am wise so I am changing myself" and  "An
error becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it." So I hope you guys can
learn something from these because I sure did! So Yup! That is the week! All
is well here in Suva, my english sucks, I only speak Fijian, my son is the
man, my stomach is full right now, and The Church is true, and I love it!
Read The Book of Mormon! Peace N Blessings!
Elder Hansen

Oh yeah I forgot!! We went to the temple Saturday too....AMAZING!!!! Enough
said!!

No comments:

Post a Comment