Jun 1, 2012

week 55

Well in the language of Suva...Hello family! Hahaha funny joke..but
seriously! Well I have a lot of pics and man they loaded way fast!! Suva is
definitely a BIG change but it's awesome!! I have really enjoyed it! Well,
where to start?? First it is cold here! I got off the plane and man it was
cold and I have woken up and complained every morning that it is too cold!
The flat is the nicest flat in the mission! I have pics of it, nice leather
couches a full kitchen and all that...the pic of all my books! It is sweet!!
We have our own automatic gate! I forgot to take a pic though, my bad...I
opened up my suit case and all the clothes like my sandals were all moldy,
it was nasty!! I have been trying to get it all out but it's tough. I need
to go buy a new pillow and another bed sheet but no big deal! The first week
was crazy, ha both of us not knowing what to do or where to go. It was fun
though. My son...I had a brown son and now a white son, how sweet is that!
He is the man! He went to Syracuse high, with Elder Hill actually. Elder
Tremea is his name. His dad is Pres. Uchtdorfs bodyguard! haha He is
awesome.  We have a good relationship already and he is ready to work! I
like it! He doesn't get down if he messes up but just keeps learning and
going! Even though we are in an English ward, we have been trying to speak
as much Fijian as possible and I talk to him in Fijian, he barely knows what
I say but he is learning! BOY!!!Dinner is ridiculous!! Our fisrt dinner with
Bro. Solomone, our ward mission leader, who for once knows what the heck he
is doing! He was the old stake pres, he's the patriarch and the principal at
the LDS college. He is a spiritual giant! He is the man!! Their whole family
and another family, are the two most american families I have seen here ha
its crazy! But anyways back to my thing.  We had cheesy mashed potatoes,
lunch yesterday grilled cheese, we've had chicken wraps! This next month we
have dinner every single day! I love it! We have been challenging them each
dinner to give out something to their friends or someone. The members are
awesome!! They are always willing to help the elders and what not. There are
currently no investigators right now so we are starting from scratch. Two
months the area has been closed and the elders had quite a few baptisms but
the elders before weren't doing it the way they should have. They would give
people money for rides to church and barely teach them, just give them
answers to the baptism questions. So dad excuse my language, it was crap!!
So we are seeing the effects of it now because none of them are coming to
church since they left. Oh well, we are working to get the good ones! Thats
what Bro. Solomone told us, we want the good ones who want to be here and
know it's true. We have been hearing all about the work and those who know
what went on, knows its bad, but those who dont, think they were the best
elders. So we are going to get the good ones! Its been way good though. We
are walking everywhere or taxis or buses. It's a pretty big area but we'll
do work! We went to the college to work out this morning. We asked for the
key and every monday wednesday and friday we are going to lift. It's not big
at all, a bench rack, squat rack, a shoulder machine and some straight bars
but I am totally game! We get it for free so I am not complaining. I am sooo
out of shape!! Not good, so I am trying to slowly get back into it now. I
got locked in a unlocked door this week, too. haha, now tell me how that
works. It was weird so we had to take off the hinges and what not so that is
the pic with the door. So in the village i would just naturally sit on the
ground and we had dinner with this guy who actually served in Salt Lake
South mission.  It was cool we were talking about it and knows where we live
and all that but anyway, he said we were the first elders including natives,
to ever sit on the ground at his house haha it was funny. I am in an
"English ward" but I am still going to be Fijian. We gave talks on sunday
too that went really well...about commitment and tied in with tithing. It
was really good. I looked up JST Matt 16:27-29 and it hit home to me...we
should lose our life in this world to gain it to the next world. It explains
it very easily in that verse...much easier said than done, but that is our
goal for us to strive everyday! So yeah thats about all, I am happy, my son
is awesome, area is awesome, members, food, all is awesome!!! We are getting
to know the area a little better. I told President that we dont want to make
any excuses about not knowing where things are and that we are going to go
from day 1 so we are getting there. I am happy!! Thats why we are here..to
be happy!! Well thats about all. Ill be waiting for those shirts, I will
keep my eye open for a good place to take it! Love you all!! Take care and
have fun!! Moce!!
Elder Hansen





No comments:

Post a Comment