May 21, 2012

week 54

Well, Hello my family...How is it? Dad, Congrats on your talk! You always do
good no matter what the circumstances. Dad you are absolutely right about
what you said, sometimes I get like that, we  all know that haha but guess
what? My time here in Seaqaqa has come to an end. I got transferred this
week. I am going to the big city in Suva! I am opening an area Tamavua 2 and
training again. I leave tomorrow morning! Haha man I am lost every time I go
to Suva and I have a brand new missionary who doesn't know where anything is so it should
be interesting! I am excited though. It will be challenging but bring it! I
said all the goodbyes last night and man it was hard!! It really opened my
eyes about my time in Seaqaqa...There are two older ladies that just started
to bawl!!! I felt so bad!! They were very grateful and a couple that I got
very close to was tough too. He is going to the temple for the first time in
August and they want me  to go with him. Tamavua is where the temple is so I
will see what President says. Bro Raiwalui was talking about how we made
history in  the Naduri Village. He said you two will always be the ones that
started the church in Naduri. I was thinking about that and yeah not a lot
of baptisms, but we strengthened those members in Naduri and helped them
want to go to church. We had 24 in Naduri on Sunday  and only 14 in Seaqaqa.
I really feel that now the work will pick up in the next year or so in
Naduri. So I was very grateful and humbled  last night. Sis Raiwalui said
"Shane (haha she calls me Shane) You  have done soo much for this family.
You will always be in my  heart. As hard has the work was, I leave and I see
how much every minute was worth it! This area has definitely changed me and
it shows that no matter how well the work is or how bad it is, you can
always  help people and change their lives as well as change your life. So
yeah it was tough saying bye. I really love these people here but they are
going to Suva in August so I will probably see them there. So off to a new
area and a new challenge! Haha my comp will ask ok where we going? I will
tell him I have no idea, let's go find out together! I guess when it was
opened before it was known for the best dinner appts. YES! The gym is very
close so we can go every  morning. It's the best gym in Fiji, close to the
office and temple, I  am excited. We are walking too so time to get into
shape! It will  definitely be a big change, first time in a city, in
organized work  and all that stuff and an actual ward. The only thing is
it's an  English ward, kind of a bummer. I will still speak as much Fijian
as I can and tell my comp to do the same! So well see what  happens. I went
to the dentist today too. I went last week for a checkup and no cavities or
anything so I just went for a cleaning today. It  was good...of course
flossing, my weakness but he said nothing  big, it's all good, kind of
surprised me. I didn't have a cavity. We  went to Bua as well. We have a
baptism date! Well they do  now. It  will be on June 17th...so that will be
good!! So funny story haha, so the word "uro" literally means fat but it's
like saying you're hot in English. In Naduri, every week, these girls always
call out...URO URO URO haha its so funny! So this week, one of them said it,
so I went and contacted her! OYM man! I don't think she was really
interested in the message but hey its worth a shot! So yeah I was thinking
also this week, how big of a miracle the scriptures are. In class we were
talking about the  Mulekites and how they had no record. We were talking
about what the world would be like without the scriptures. It's a  miracle!
A record so old, and still used today. It's crazy! So yeah, it was a pretty
good week. I will let you  know how Suva is! I have pics but the computer is
messed so I will  just wait to do it in Suva... Well love you all! Hope all
is well! Be happy, be united, we are the HANSEN FAMILY!! Moce!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment