Suva was crazy haha, too busy and too many people but it was sweet!! The
training was awesome! The people I stayed with was no one that I really
talked to but I got to talk to them over the weekend and they were really
cool. I met a brand new missionary who has been struggling with the language
and what not. He is from a very small mormon town in Arizona so you can
imagine he is kind of a sheltered kid but I really tried to help him a lot
and I really liked him. I hope I can serve with him soon. Want to know the
best part? So we also stayed with this kid who is going to New Calendonia
and the AP told me "Hey he is from Salt Lake and Tongan, guess who??? KONISI
HOSEA!!!! (Shane played football with him at Cottonwood) It was sooo dope
man!!! The first thing we do is hug each other. He said "what the heck? You
are not Shane without a beard"! Haha, It was so funny man. We stayed in the
same place together for 2 days and it was so fun! We were just talking and
talking and talking. Who would have guessed that we would see each other
because he is going to another place. I am on another island but the week I
come to Suva, he goes to Suva and we just happen to stay the same place! It
was bomb! He left for New Cal on Saturday. It was sweet! So yeah, Suva was
good! Elder Vagarau was in Labasa with Estill's comp while we went to Suva.
Training was awesome Friday morning. We went to the mission home and had
breakfast, waffles! Delicious! Training and then lunch, Burgers! Delicious!
Ice Cream shakes! Delicious! It was pretty much amazing. So the training was
very good. They talked on specific things and important things that we dont
really think about a whole lot...except this one...Comp relationships,
effective district leaders and effective baptismal interviews. Comp
relationships was very good given by President Klingler, he gave us a bunch
of scriptures about companionships and 2x2 and what not..2x2 is established
by the Lord and how it's in the mission and our marriage. I really liked
Ecc. 4:9-10, Two are better than one! One lifts up when the other falls
(summary haha). It was sweet. The importance of Baptismal Interview was
really good too. Sometimes we just think we'll ask the questions, if they
get them right, there are set. We just talked about how there is so much
more than that and how you need to prepare before you give one. It's up to
us if they pass or not, if they get baptized or if there is a problem or
that is on us. Being an effective DL was good too. The AP's compared it to a
bishop of a ward and a father to a family. They are the ones who are the
most involved with the missionaries and can make a huge difference in their
work and lives. They also talked about the difference which as 19-20-21 year
old guys easily do is the difference from being respected and liked. Every
leader has that thing they need to worry about. Yes, we want to be liked
and respected, but a lot of times people try too hard to be one or the
other. Elder Cooper applied it to his friends parents and how they really
try to be cool and "hip", haha, but he said when it comes down to it, he
liked them a lot, but didn't respect them, because of things they did or
what not. Leaders need to do their job and keep things going. I have heard
stories how people didn't like an AP. He had to do his job and would help
others do theirs even if they didnt like it or what not. So it was very
good. They talked about correcting others. It is so important but so hard to
do the right way..Boyd K. Packer said "When a person is in the position to
correct someone and fails to do so, he is thinking of himself." Then in D&C
95:1 it talks about how the Lord chastens us because he loves us...He knows
there is a better way and wants us to fix our ways. Correction is showing
love but you need to do it the right way and the other person needs to
understand that he has an opportunity to learn and better himself and be
humble about it. It was really good. I liked it alot. Yes I participated and
I was involved in the opening exercises. On Saturday, at 530 am we all got
up and played rugby in the mud. Haha it was way fun! We left around 3 so we
just hung out until then. Sunday morning.....BAPTISM!!! Yeah!! I pretty much
did everything. I don't know why either, no one else would do it! Even my
comp, who is Fijian! I spoke at the baptism, I baptized him and confirmed
him. So it was good! Pres announced he was going to be receiving the
priesthood in sacrament and I cant remember but it might have been before he
was confirmed and even interviewed him...He then ordained him to a deacon
(he is 15, 16 in July). I told him and he said it doesnt matter and what not
and didnt listen to anything I said. I talked to the Terrys about it and I
will talk to them again tonight but I was like uhh you can't give him the
priesthood if he is not even a member yet! This man drives me nuts
sometimes! Oh well, Neimani is the man! He is going to be a stud and now
his friend wants to take lessons and some of his family, I think as well,
but not fully positive on them. So we could have a few new investigators
this week,. There is a girl that wants to be baptized in Bua as well, so we
are going there next week when we have the truck. So we could possibly have
more baptisms than all of last year in a few months! I am excited. I
probably will leave before they are baptized but as long as I do my best to
prepare them, I am set! So yeah things are going pretty good! Just keep on
working and dont stop! I got the package too! I almost forgot to tell
you....Goldfish and swedish fish!! Heaven!!! Thank you very much!! Well have
fun! Things are good! We will be talking again in what like 3 weeks! Weird!
My year mark too!! Too fast! Well love you all! Peace n blessings! Ni sa
moce!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment