Apr 17, 2012

week 49


Ni sa bula re na noqu matavuvale talei!! How's it going from the road? How
was Cali? Nice weather? Well this week was a really good week my even
without the truck! We had 12 lessons! Yes, a lot were recent convert and
less active but still its been a very very long time since Seaqaqa has had
12 lessons! We went on splits with the ZL's Elder Hill and Elder Ford. It
was very good and a lot of fun. They are on the other side of the island so
they are never in the area and they only see numbers. They said its so much
easier to understand the numbers when they came to the area and see how it
is. I told them that we are not just sitting around doing nothing, we are
working everyday and they said they now understand and what not how the area
is. But we compared the past years numbers to now, and it was decreasing but
we have stopped the decrease and the numbers are now starting to increase,
so it was very good. I witnessed the power of the priesthood this week with
Elder Hill as well. We gave one of our investigators a blessing. She looked
soo bad! She could  barely sit up, just lying on the couch and what not.
Well, the next day, she is outside walking around totally normal! She
thanked us and she told a member, "Wow, there is something different about
those two." It was sweet! That is something I have learned to be very
grateful for is the priesthood which I hold. Its amazing! The baptism is
still on! YEAH! We have done so much walking this week ha. We have walked to
and from our investigators house twice this week. He lives the farthest
away. We went with him to his teitei (farm). It was ridiculously far from
his house! I thought of teitei and thought of Burewai where it was always
muddy and grass and what not. Well we happened to walk forever on a dirt and
rocky road and I didn't take my shoes!  My feet are pretty jacked right now,
not going to lie. I have some weird thing right above my ankle, a bunch of
scratches and cuts, haha. Yeah, I am Fijian! Its all good! I had the worse
coka or the runs I would call it! Whats the legit word for it again? (I dont
know how to spell it!)  It was bad! I had to take one in the jungle, thank
heaven for leaves!! So yeah!  Neimani is set for baptism.  We are slowly
getting to know his family and hopefully we can start teaching them. Haha, I
was laughing the other day, we finally have a baptism, and I thought of "A
League of their Own". "Come on people there are a dozen of people waiting
for a baptism"! I thought it was funny!  Elder Estill and I went to his
house for the baptism interview and the two young ones (Estill is training
also) went out to OYM. We come back and they were like we have this GOLDEN
investigator! He is bomb! Well, yesterday we went to go see him and guess
what? He is totally muslim!! Which means we can't teach him! He said hi to
us and then went to go pray. They have a loud speaker that someone prays and
it is heard around all of town. I was like well, hes out of the question! Ha
it was funny. They are still learning! We had a good class in church Sunday
talking about church callings. I remember the leadership thing that Dad sent
me. We think about every calling we have received, were we ready? Did we
know what to do? NO! Never! We talked about why that is. The Lord knows when
we are ready, when we are available, to Him we are ready, but to us we are
not. Its always a chance to learn something or use our abilities and what
not. I really liked it when it said, we always rely on Heavenly Father when
we dont know what we are doing, its when we do know when, we tend to forget.
Every calling we receive, He trusts us and knows we are able to do it and it
will help us. We just need to remember that and trust Him. So yeah, its been
a good week! This week is going to be sweet too! Guess what I get to do?
Thursday I am going to Suva! Heck yeah!! I am so excited! No I didnt get
transferred but there is a leadership training Thursday to Saturday in Suva
and then I get to come back to a baptism! Heck yeah! I am stoked to spend a
couple days in Suva. Elder Key goes home this week! So fast! SO yeah thats
about all! I have a bunch of pics from the walking, a cool sunset, eating
crab, uhh i cant remember what else. Well take it easy family! Love you all!
Dad I am getting a hair cut today, my hair is kind of long and will get my
moneys worth dont worry! Well love you all! Peace N Blessings!

Elder Hansen

Oh yeah the last one with the little flower type thing, that is "Fijian
jell" haha you hit it on your head and squeeze it and stuff comes out and
use it as a jell type thing ha it was sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment