Apr 4, 2012

week 47


The pictures worked!!!! Haha. What's going on family? How's conference? I
bet it's awesome!! Yeah we aren't watching it...not sure when we will. It
was about a month until we watched it last time. It's always awesome! So
how's life? It's crazy how fast time flies! Conference already! Its
nuts...Thanks for the pics. I sent them to Sis Terry. They came in November
or December I think. They are serving 23 months. I guess for the Sr Couples
there is 6, 12, 18, and 23 month mission or something like that. Yes,
something to send in the box....some glass cleaner, those little small wipe
type things. I don't know how you guys keep your glasses so clean! I am
terrible at it! I got a card from Grandma and Grandpa last week! Haha guess
what the month was from?? October! Haha Happy Halloween! I was laughing!
Most of the time it's not the mail that is the issue. Most of the time
things just sit in the mission office and no one gives them to anyone. So I
bet that is what happened but oh well! So this week was a rough week! We
didn't have the truck and it poured rain almost every day! Remember that
flooding before in the Nadi area, well I guess it was worse and wiped out
another chapel. It rained so hard! So we didn't go out that much this week
because no truck! Bad luck! We get the truck this week so it should be
better. We walked a good 1 1/2 hour back home at like 9 one night in mud
pretty much. One of the pics is on the way to the house in the mud. Ha it
was funny. So yeah, that was a big problem this week, the weather and no
truck. We committed our one investigator to baptism yesterday. We are
setting it for the 21st of this month. He walks about an hour every Sunday
to come to church. I felt soooo bad... Kids were telling him about seminary
and he thought it was at night, but its right after school so he walked all
the way to the church at 7 at night by himself. I felt soo bad! So we walked
with him for a while back and bought him a drink and some chips. He is the
man though!!I requested breakfast for dinner last night with the Terry's.
Real French Toast and real bacon!!! Can you say....HEAVEN!!!! It was soo
good! Yeah, so being inside a lot, I did a lot of studying! In about 2 days
I finished all of Genesis and Moses with reading with the institute manual.
It was awesome!!! I know very little about the Bible and I was like hmmmm
weird....I don't know much about the Bible...have I ever read it? NO! So
yeah it was a very good study. Joseph, the son of Jacob, was the man! Never
complained once in his trials and what not, always trusted in the Lord. A
few times it says, "The Lord was with Joseph." The institute book has a
comparison of Joseph to Christ and it was way cool to see how similar their
situation was. The sacrifice of Isaac was one they had too and it was crazy
to see how everything was similar and what not...I think it was McConkie in
the book said that Every prophet will do something in his life that is a
similitude of the Savior. I thought that was pretty cool. So yeah it was a
very good study week this week. This morning I was reading The Teachings of
the Prophet Joseph Smith, not the brown deep one, but just the normal one
and I was reading about knowledge and how much knowledge Joseph had at the
beginning compared to when he died. It was ridiculous! The man read the
scriptures in Hebrew! It talked a little about the school of the prophets
and what not. I really liked how it talked about how we can't progress if we
don't gain knowledge. I mean that's why we are here, to learn and gain
knowledge and that is a Christlike attribute. I think sometimes we overlook
that. We think we will never know as much as him, but whether we do or not,
we should always be trying to learn every day and gain knowledge. Not just
in the gospel, but in everything we do. Everything we do in the gospel, in
church, we are able to take it to our sports, jobs, school, everything. It
talked about how knowledge is power as well. Joseph brought up a good point
in it about how he studied for righteous power. That's the key, for the
righteous power. Reading good books, scriptures, words of the prophets, and
all that. So yeah it was sweet! Want to know what else was sweet? So we take
a bus to a village and it has a TV in it. They were playing the new G.I. Joe
movie, with Dennis Quaid and Channing Tatem..WOW! It was sooo cooooll!!! I
don't know if it really was or I just haven't watched a movie in like 11
months, haha! Boy how about that! Next month, one year! Dad, I have seen a
huge change from the MTC to now! I feel like I just left the MTC too. You
learn so much so fast. That's for sure. I love it! I testify of that being
in this area you just need to open your eyes and you will see! Sorry it's a
short one this week, like I said with the rain and no truck, it was a slow
week. Things are good! Hope you like the pictures! Oh yeah I weighed myself
yesterday and I was 184! I lost 6 pounds man! It was weird.. oh well! Well
take it easy! Love you all! Have fun! Go to the temple! Do it the Hansen
way! In the cheesy words of high school musical.....we are all in this
together!! Hahaha blahhhhhhh!!!! aight loloma yani!

Elder Hansen





No comments:

Post a Comment