Mi'au ba bula re motou!
Haha you like those pictures eh? Haha it was entertaining. How are the
temple lights this year? Thanks for the box! It was good no worries! Today I
opened the last thing! That is bomb Marcia is moving to Utah! Does she know
where yet? or what area at least? So Wednesday we will skype after studies
probably and lunch...around 12 or 1 ish. Elder Ledoux and I are going to the
Terry's to skype. They only have one camera so might be a little later if
Ledoux goes first. I dont know but it will be around then. So
yeah...Tomorrow, everyone on the island will be going to Labasa and we will
be having a zone service in the morning and then in the night...Chow mada!!
We will all eat at the Terries. It's going to be fun! Wednesday we go to
Suva too...Wednesday at like 5. We were in our area for only 2.5/3 days this
week and this next week it will be the same thing. We will get back Friday
but work in the Labasa with the District Leader there and then Saturday be
in the area. We were in Seaqaqa on exchanges this week. It was way fun to
see all the people there! You remember the Raiwailui. We went to their
house and she was way surprised. She looked at me...Looked down at the badge
and took it off and said you are not wearing this so that means I can do
this! She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek hahah then she said ok now
you can put it back on! It was pretty funny! She said things are a lot
different now then when I was there. Tough over there...but we are trying to
get it going. We saw most of the members which was way cool. So we got back
to our area on Friday and Rabi is with us still. So we had an oym day. We
had 60 oyms in 3 days. That's easily the most I have had in my mission.
Ledoux and Tremea did a lot of them. They had the oym spirit those days
haha. We are doing a training on the 1st about finding people and
emphasizing oym. We should easily have more than we do so we want to fix
that. Now everyone is gone because of Christmas so its pretty dead, so what
can you do? OYM! I think it will be a good training. We had a really good
sunday school class yesterday too about work. This week I am going to do a
specific study on work, but a few things we talked about were as we work and
help others that brings that love for them. As missionaries we are always
working to help others and you can tell how much you love them by how much
you work for them. God does everything for us, so he loves us. That's why
work is so important in the gospel because as we live the gospel, we are
showing our love to Him and he will bless us for our work. He is just
waiting to bless us but it's up to us. Like the King Benjamin said as we
serve others we serve God, the other side to look, as we are lazy to others,
we are lazy to God. Take your pick which one...haha WORK!! We also talked
about importance of not killing ourselves and not going too easy. If we work
too hard than we cant work effectively...We are tired, no rest..a quote in
the gospel principles book..."Doing nothing is the hardest work of all,
because one can never stop to rest. Work helps us realize the importance and
meaning of rest and relaxation." Sabbath day...We rest on Sunday...If we
work all day everyday, the Sabbath day has no meaning to us, rest doesn't
exist. So it was really good!! I learned a lot. I saw a while back a video
of Lavell Edwards in priesthood session after BYU won the champaionship back
in the day and he said if a player can play well before his mission he for
sure will play well after...If he cant play well before, he probably still
wont play well after, but hell have a better chance. He talked about how he
knows himself, hes learned how to succeed. I have been thinking about that a
lot in my mission. I have come to know myself more, and realized the pattern
to success in everything...Football, gospel, whatever it may be...So yeah
its been good! Another thing I have thought about a lot lately too is why do
you start to understand and learn all of this at the end of your mission??
If you knew all this earlier you would be way better! But then you look back
at the success you had when you didnt know all these things... just
something I have thought about and how the mission really does prepare you
for things after the mission. The Lord has his ways, whatever it may be...we
need to follow it! So yeah that's about all this week! I read about Brother
of Jared too this week..he was the man!!! So yeah we will talk more
Wednesday. All is well! Love you guys!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment