ATTENTION FAMILY!!!
SAVUSAVU HAS BEEN HIT BY CYCLONE EVAN....THE MISSIONARIES HAVE TAKEN HIM
DOWN!!!
Haha that was lame, but hope it was funny somewhat!! hello yall! All is good
here! We are all safe and not too much damage....Our electricity and water
both were out...We just got the water on today...Man that was some strong
winds!! It wasnt as big as we were hoping, but it was still pretty dang big!
Yeah no worries all is good!! Yesterday everything was shut down! All the
missionaries couldnt leave the house yesterday..All of Fiji was like that..I
am pretty sure every part has been hit or will get hit today..Yeah no
worries though! It was really boring though yesterday!! There are a few pics
maybe I sent haha one of Elder Ledoux shaving his name in my chest...Looks
pretty good eh? haha we studied a lot, slept alot, we played hide and seek
haha I won! There was 6 of us here...Rabi came in because Tamuera has
shingles on his back...They cancelled church and the Tacilevu elders also
came because church was cancelled too...Its been a crazy week! We went to
Taveuni this week too... It was really good! We have a good group out
there...I have now gone all the way through Taveuni now...We went down to
the unit all the way down the island it was pretty cool. We took some good
pictures there...haha funny story! Elder Ledoux and I go to this beach to
take some pictures and we took our shoes off...Well we are getting ready to
go back and Ledoux cant find his shoes...Well we look out and they are
pretty far out in the ocean haha...It was his only pair...They got washed
out to sea! So we went across the street and found these two little kids and
asked if they could go swim out and grab them...No hesitation they
went...One was still all in his clothes. They swam out there and for a
second I thought we were going to be the lifeguard again..Well, we paid each
of them a dollar and we went off...ha it was funny..Man the boat we took out
there was a rough ride! We had to take the truck over there and man it was
rockin back and forth! It was like a 5 hour boat ride. On the way back we
took another boat and then the sr couples took us back...It was a long ride
too! I was exhausted! We met with the district President Pres. Lesuma. We
had a really good meeting with him about the work in 2012 and our goals for
the upcoming year..He was happy with it..One thing he expressed in the past,
the goals werent kept very organized as well as the numbers so we are going
to make it much more organized that peolpe can go throughout the whole year
and see what the work was like...We are also going make a folder of things
that we need to take to him every month in Taveuni so he will be updated as
well..
Elder Ledoux is awesome, he is about a year out...In the next few months,
there are going to be a ton of young leaders...Not many people leaving and a
ton are coming in! So he is from Wisconsin..Big Brett Favre fan! haha we
have a lot of the same ideas and goals for the zone..I feel we will work
together really well...With Elder Moaalii, it was kind a slow process with
us, but Elder Ledoux and I have been pretty quick so far..We just want
everyone to be excited with the work and have fun! Its awesome! Elder
Moaalii went to Lautoka, which is the second city..Its close to Nadi..We are
going on exchanges with Seaqaqa tomorrow..I am excited to go see the members
there...We stopped by one village on the way back from picking up Elder
Ledoux and I visited this older lady...Sis Kawadravu...I didnt think she
would remember me, she is way old, but she did! It was awesome, she kissed
my hand and was way happy to see me.. So I am excited! We are planning a
Christmas party this week too for the branch..No one else is doing anything
so we will do it! We are planning just a little musical festival type of
thing, just each group will sing a song, we will read some scriptures and
watch some video clips on the Savior...So hopefully it will be good! Its
better than nothing right? SO yeah all is well now!
Christmas calls we are still trying to figure out! It will be either monday
or wednesday....Tuesday we are doing a zone service project and zone dinner
for Christmas, we want to try to do it Wednesday so it will be Christmas
there...We leave to Suva on Wednesday night too for a Zone Leaders
Council...So I will try to figure out today, if not I will just email you
when I do know this week...so yeah all is well here, I am glad all is well!
Tell all back home I say hello! TImes flying too fast! Elder Estills parents
are here...He is done ha weird! Well love you guys!!
Moce!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment