Mi'au ba bula re na oku ma'avuvale! haha yeah thats in this new dialect...I
am still learning it ha its so hard!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS!!!! Dont worry
about me, you guys go celebrate pops birthday!!! What are you guys going to
do for it? Man thats so weird to hear all those girls going on missions! So
weird! Tim at the MTC huh? I have thought about that actually...I dont know
what to do! Snow....cold..Im not excited! No I have not yet eaten the
turtle. Next time we go to Taveuni we should. Taveuni is the tourist place
ha its weird! Rabi was way cool!! Tremea is picking up that language pretty
quick! The boat was way fun! It wasnt like a ferry boat, it was a small
fiber boat, ha so fun! Fun fact about Rabi, according to the people
there...There are only about 5,000 Rabians and only 2,000 maybe live in
Rabi...weird. We rode bikes there too! First time I have rode a bike in my
mission! My butt hurt after. It was fun though. Rabians are not educated
either. That's one thing I learned....Schools are not the best in Rabi,
very few people know how to read and write. It was a way cool experience to
go over there. We did 2 baptism interviews and we had Elder Tremeas comp who
is from Kiribati translate and he doesn't speak the best english either so
it was a Fijian gilbertese interview! We had our baptism with Lusia...it was
really good! The man in the sweet pink striped shirt is Semi. He is getting
baptized this week. I was laughing so hard when he came into the room
wearing that shirt! We have 4 baptismal dates for December and we just got 2
new investigators this week. They both seem pretty good. A lot of old
investigators are here. So we need to start dropping them or getting them to
progress and find new ones. One of the baptism dates...Inoke he is 81 and
is like one of the highest guys in the village. He is pretty funny. He told
me I had a voice of an angel! Haha. We had a branch council this week
too... I love this island! I really want to help this branch progress. I
have thought twice in my mission, and one of them was at the branch council,
to move to Fiji is just work in a small branch. We have some ideas and we
are going to talk a lot with the Branch President about things we can do to
increase the numbers and what not to move this branch forward. That's one
thing in Fiji especially this island, you see a lot of inexperienced people
running churches and you learn about the way the church works. It's fun. A
lot of these members in Fiji are either 1st or 2nd generation members. No
one has really taught them so we teach them as well as 3 couple missionaries
who are here. It's fun though! Work is going good right now, definitely
could improve. We were only in our area for like 3 days this past week. We
drive around the island a lot for zone leader things. I am excited for this
zone, we are already tearing it up from before but we want to improve it
more. Master the fundamentals you know! So yeah we are starting to prepare
for the Zone Conference on the 1st and our talent show. We are going back to
Labasa today to practice some dance...SO yeah. Its busy and its fun and it
keeps me on my toes! I haven't received the box yet...I will keep you
updated! We are going to do two isevusevu this week. It's the culture thing
to open up a village or an area. So that should be really cool. President
and Sister Klingler are both coming up so it should be good! So yeah all is
well! Dad have a good week! I am very grateful for your example to me and
always encouraging me to be the best I can be. Thank you so much for
teaching me everything I know! You taught me in a way to be most effective
for me and for me to learn things for myself! Thank you! Love you guys!!
Have a great week! I am going to celebrate my bday with the Terrys tonight!
CHOW!!! haha love you guys! Moce toha valehaleha!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment