Nov 5, 2012

week 77

Mi'au ba bula re!
Isa maan! Its busy!! I am actually emailing you guys from Taveuni, another
island. We rode the boat here this morning! Sorry I dont have a whole lot of
time today, we are about to go on a hike. Well, the first few days in
Savusavu was really good! Its called "Hidden Paradise" haha. Sorry I forgot
my camera cord so I will send some pictures next week! Its been awesome
here! We have a huge flat! Its the biggest in the mission. Elder Moaalii is
awesome, he has been here for 3 months, and Elder Inu is ZL in Suva now. We
are pretty much the AP's on this island. This is probably one of the busiest
ZL places in the mission. You have Rabi, Taveuni and Rotuma to worry about
and then the whole rest of Vanua Levu. Rabi is where Elder Tremea is. He is
here too, in Taveuni.  We are doing a little conference tomorrow. We rode
the boat together here, hes the man!! He is learning the language there
pretty well! Elder Estill is the AP, he goes home in December. Yeah this
area is pretty much all Fijian. There are a few people who arent Fijian so
to them we speak English. There are a lot of white people that have houses
here in Savusavu. The Terrys (Senior couple that Shane adores)are very very
happy I am back! We had dinner with them the first night I came! SO fun!
Boy, we have changed this island!! It is totally different now, than the
first time I came. There has been sooo much improvement and growth here its
amazing! Neimanis family in Seaqaqa just got baptized this past week. I knew
they would once he did.  I am going to learn the dialect here, I am
determined!! Its one of the hardest dialects here and I want to learn it! I
can speak the other one in the area pretty well, not bad. There are soo many
here  in this area...but yeah....So I am excited to be here again. This is
definitely the hardest island in the mission but its going up! There are 3
districts here. We travel a lot! This next week  we will only be in our area
for like 2 and a half days. We do a lot!! We need to worry about plane and
boat things. The other islands, especially the 3 outer islands, we are the
communication to them to president. They are given a lot of trust being out
there. So we need to know whats going on and what not. We have a truck but
we share it with two other elders. They need it bad though, their areas are
very spread out so we try to get it to them when we are in town. Church was
really good, we watched conference. I guess theres usually 60sh every Sunday
but it goes up and down a lot. Anyway, yes there are 3 sisters in Labasa.
One of them was in my district before. One of our goals is to train our
district leaders very well...Really help them be confident and lead their
districts and have effective meetings. Also to master the fundamentals! I am
very excited to work here. That's sweet Tim came home, thats so crazy! Time
flies man!! I had a list to tell you guys but I dont know where it is! Oh
here is a cool fact! We set the record for baptisms in a year for this
mission and the year is not even over yet! We have over 500 this year. It's
a great time to be in Fiji, things are happening! Man I can't remember what
I had on that list! haha my bad!! Yeah we are in Taveuni now, and then next
week we are going to Rabi with Elder Tremea and his companion. They are
doing way good too!! Rabi used to be terrible, but really the missionaries
wouldn't do anything, but now they are tearing it up! There are a lot of new
people in the whole mission I haven't ever met yet. There a few in this zone
that I have met that seem good. This next two months will be very busy!! We
have our Zone Conference coming up and our mission tour that Pres. Hamula of
the Pacific Area will be coming. So yeah it will keep my on my toes! I told
Elder Moaalii to be patient with me because sometimes I am very slow!!
Theres a lot to know! But President said something really good to me in his
email today.... he said "Thank you for your excellent and dedicated service
as the district leader in Tamavua.  You definitely left your area better
than you found it!  I am confident that you  will do what it takes to be a
great zone leader." So yeah time for a new chapter in the mission and time
to work!! I am glad all is well!! Its really really hot in Taveuni right
now, I want some ice cream! Sorry its short this week!! Send all my love!
The church is true! Amen! Moce mada!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment