Whats goin on my family!? Aww Belgian Waffle sounds so good right now! So everything is going good still! We had the 3 baptisms yesterday! The waterfall wasn't the coolest but its still a waterfall! Yeah all the churches are open air and one of them is in a house. We drive a truck, its pretty nice but it gets dirty like crazy with the roads we drive on. I'll get a picture next week. We found a dead lizard in our flat and a ton of ants eating it hahaha it was gross!!!! I have a picture but Ill wait to send it. So remember that investigator that said she was going to bring all her friends?? So we went and she brought friends alright! Haha there were about 20 kids there!! It was crazy...i was just like uhh so these are your friends huh? Haha it was funny. But I dont really know whats going on with that but we'll see I guess! We had the hardest service day ever the other day. It was for an investigator, gathering wood. So we go up the mountain to get wood and we realized, we didn't have a way to get it down the mountain. So we got two long sticks and then got vine and wrapped the wood onto the two sticks with the vine. It was working pretty well for a while. each of us would hold one side then carry it, but it was still hard cuz we were walking up and down the mountain in mud. We definitely fell a few times but then it all fell apart so we had carry it by hand. It was terrible! It took like 5 hours! We had no energy at all. Oh well, we like to refer to it as enduring to the end because we didnt give up. Right when we were almost at the bottom, we got bags and water. It was awesome. We also have a new training program that i guess is brand new world wide in the church. The goal of it is to have the trainee be able to train after 12 weeks. It comes with a dvd and so we are the first elders ever to have a dvd player for their own training. It"s really cool. First day was today, it was awesome. I emailed our president and I promised him that if he needs me to train, I will be ready for him after these 12 weeks. I really want to take full advantage of it all. Fijian is so so... somedays are better than others, listening has improved alot from the first week, but speaking i still struggle. I just cant say what i want. . Tell the Grandparents and Val i say hi too and happy birthday! So this week is kind of a short email, not a whole lot happened but it was a good week! Hope all is well there...Things in Fiji are going good! Elder Key and I were talking about it and this is a very mentally challenging mission....A- language B-Fijians dont talk and are very simple C- Kava D-People dont know how to do things the right way.....we are trying to get all of these fixed. I am going to get them do church right... dont know how but i will! Well talk to you soon! These weeks have flown by so fast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment