Aug 8, 2011

week 14


Bula noqu matavuvale!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I didnt do it last week.  I felt so bad!! How was it? I can send you a present if you want but you'll have to wait like 3 months. The fish was weird to eat haha yeah you just pick it off from the top and bottom then eat it. So did you get all the pics then??  That was after church.  They bring all the pots in then the women serve it so they are all onthe other end. Another thing about eating is you dont leave until everyone is done eating or until they give you permission. When you are done eating you say vinaka vakalevu na vakayakavi(thank you very much for dinner) then they say vinaka vakalevu vakayagataka (thanks for eating it) then you say kerekere me'u vakacegu? (Please can i rest?) then you just sit back off the sulu (tablecloth) and just chill. So sleep...we travel alot!! So we sleep in two churches..sai oko and nasautoka and then we stay in two flats with two elders in each one like twice a week. We use candles at the churches.  Technically we dont have a set house... we just bring our beds and all of our stuff and put it in the car. Fijian is tough but understanding it is a lot better now. I got a dictionary and a grammer book this week so I actually have something to study and use now. I just want to speak it!  We went on splits one day and I went to an english area. Wow... so much easier!  I want to be able to do what i did in English in Fijian!! But just gotta keep working and be patient. Oh yeah, so i just got back from taking my driving test for my fijian license...PASSED!!! Haha so i can get my fijian license now. I just fill a form out then turn it in! Sundays are different for sure here.  So in Priesthood yesterday, the 1st counselor was teaching but we were teaching him...he didnt know the offices of the Aaronic Priesthood. He thought we were all teachers. So we had to explain to him the differences and duties for them.  We always start  like an hour or so late everytime .The Unit in Burewai is the best and they have like 10-15 people in it.  They are always on time. We are working on improving it. We have 3 baptisms this week and then one next week. They will be in a waterfall! haha i cant wait! So I drank a coconut right out of the tree this week  then ate the fruit after. Its soo good!!! You cut it down then poke a hole through the top then drink it and then eat it. Its delicious! We also baked a cake in the microwave this week too! Yeah we are chefs! Oh yeah i forgot to tell you before, they love to breastfeed during lessons in Fiji too. Haha its perfectly normal here.  The other day we went to see this girl that really wants to take lessons and she said next time we meet, she is going to bring all of her friends. I'm excited to see who she brings.  It could lead to something really good! Also, I was praying and all of a sudden i just hear Jisu Vinaka Jisu! It caught me off guard...During the prayer she was saying Jesus thank you Jesus. Ha so something we gotta work on! It was funny though. Im glad Spennys went well.  Man these weeks fly by so fast!! Well things are still going good in Fiji.  Oh, yeah i dont know if my body changes real fast or what but the other night, I got sooo cold at night!  Well love you all and miss you all!! Hope all is going well.. Tell everyone I say hi!! Love you guys!Elder Hansen!

No comments:

Post a Comment