Mar 21, 2013

week 96


Hello family how’s it going? Sounds like a pretty normal week, nothing too much happened. Well this week for us was really busy and hectic!

We have not moved to the new flat yet. We will move in April and yeah hopefully I will just die here, no point in going somewhere just for a month. Just die here and have a big party when I leave! I’m ok with that. We are leaving the mansion because it is too big! Haha Its soo hard to keep clean. The new elders also want to move so I think we are just going to leave the mansion. We have a couple flats that we are looking at so we’ll see. Especially because it rained pretty much the whole week except Tupous baptism!! She prayed that it wouldn’t rain! Our driveway is like destroyed! It is so bad, the landlord is not going to fix to we will probably just move. Yeah it is pretty cool translating my patriarchal blessing in Fijian. Its hard though! A lot of words don’t translate so you need to think of another way to do it. I have only worked on it once this week, ha we barely did studies we were so busy. I am done with the first 3 paragraphs. 8 more to go! My shoulder is ok ha we don’t really work out much, when we are in town we try to, but lately we have been so beat that we just sleep and  wake up early. We usually wake up around 5-5:30.  Number of missionaries in our zone is 22, I believe...6 areas in Vanua Levu ,3 area in Taveuni, 1 in Rabi and 1 in Rotuma. So it’s good! We had 11 baptisms in our zone this week. We have 2 planned for this week but we might have to move to next week. We have been way busy we haven’t been able to go see them as much as we need to.

So yeah haha there is the answer to your questions! So let’s see here...here’s something funny, we went to Labasa and there was mac and cheese...we took the whole shelf...16 boxes...well we made 8 boxes of it for dinner with our Branch President and family. Haha it was a whole lot of mac & cheese! The funniest thing was that they did not like it at all!! We don’t really eat cheese here at all so they started eating it and they all gave up. Haha,  they hated it, it was so funny! President Vatu was the only one who ate their whole plate. It was funny. We had a bomb lesson with Tupou before her baptism. We just talked about standing up for what you know and we want to help her be strong and to gain knowledge. We talked about Lehi, Nephi and Abinidai, and how each of them had to stand up for what they knew and they were always blessed because of it. It was a way good lesson and she is awesome! I was so happy! She shared her testimony at the baptism and did awesome! She said that was the first time she has ever talked in front of people. Her parents don’t really approve, she is 23 and her dad is a member but less active. But she is always there walking by herself, but she gets to the chapel and there she has support and friends. She is already a good example to the members of the branch. Elder Moaalii and I almost dropped her but then she just started to pick up and now she is a perfect example fulfilling the Moroni challenge. She asks a lot of questions and most of them we answered back to Joseph Smith and the Restoration and The Book of Mormon. We taught about the priesthood and having to be baptized again like 5 times but she now understands...Its awesome! She is going to Suva to school there next month so she will be moving but she is going to Lami, which is an awesome ward so I’m not too worried...Just get the Elders there to visit her and it will be good.

The two elders are good here in Savusavu, one Elder Trent, who was in my district in Suva and one new one from New Zealand, he is weird, but it’s a really funny weird, I like him a lot. We have been helping them learn the area and meet members and all. So it’s been good.

We will be going to Taveuni this week so that will be fun! So yeah pops I’ll try to finish The Book of Mormon again, but it’s going to be hard, like I said we only studied for 3 days this week...it’s just been busy, but I’ll do my best!

You guys have a great week! Help the missionaries! Magnify your callings, help others to come closer to the Savior! Love you guys!!!
Dou vakacegu toka!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment