Mar 6, 2013

week 95


Ni bula vinaka na noqu matavuvale!!Well man Mother sounds like a stressful
week! Just come take a trip to Fiji and relax! Before I forget, answers to
questions...but first one question from me...are you guys still controlling
my Facebook, some members here want to add me, but they said they couldn't
find me...haha I just told them 2 months but I was just curious. So
yeah...my Book of Mormon reading, I just started it again. But I doubt I
will be able to finish it before I leave. I have been reading Jesus the
Christ too...I am in chapter 12..there is a lot to study. Preach My Gospel,
I tried to read every day...it's hard because we are gone and traveling so
much, we don't even study a few days in the week...like this week only 3
days we did studies ha so that's another difficulty with it. Access to
church handbooks is a yes. Every now and then when I'm at the chapel, I will
read some parts of it...haha I wish I had my own, so I could study it more.
Fijian, yes I write in it too. Write though is much different than
speaking...Writing is the very good proper Fijian but when you speak, you
leave out a lot of things. I have actually just started to translate my
patriarchal blessing in Fijian. I'm on the 2 paragraph haha trying to find
words to use is hard, you need to say it a different way to make sense in
Fijian, but it's going good so far. Reading in Fijian is way easy too. Yes I
have been very blessed with my companions. I just hear stories of comps hate
each other or whatever, but I have not once even come close to that...I'm
very grateful for that! So yeah I think that was all the questions. Oh my
relationship with President Klingler is doing good. He said that I was a
good steward for all the areas in my zone and being an example with my area
in my email today. We barely see him or talk to him though. As Zone Leaders
you do more than anyone, but even that, it's still not a lot... so yeah I'll
give you guys a brief thing for last week. Zone Conference went well...our
training went well about studies and  preparing to teach investigators.
President said he really enjoyed  it. The pacific area doctor and his wife
came also. He was a character.  His wife had a really good quote
though..."Obedience is  the opportunity to be blessed by the Lord." ha
simple eh?? Aps  training was about the balanced effort and how sometimes we
just do what needs to happen but how we need to get it to the next
level...to push ourselves...but that comes from one of 3 motivations 1) fear
of punishment 2) reward 3) Love.  Those 3 things are what  motivates us to
do things...we need to do things and do missionary  work because we love it!
It was a pretty good training.  Presidents training was a little slap in the
face haha he shared the scripture in 1 Corinthians when Paul talks about the
milk and meat.  A big part of why those missionaries got sent home was
because of  abuse of the phones.  He's warned the mission before, but after
that warning came out, for some reason, the number of phone calls and  text
and all went way up. So all his training was the milk. He went over the
phone rules. So yeah it was good though. I think our zone has been pretty
good, there has been 1 or 2 that have been on the line, but they are good
now. Our zone activity the night before went good too. I was so exhausted
after all this was done...ha I was beat! The Hogges came up last week also.
They are in the office and in charge of the vehicles, the housing and all
that stuff. They came to check out some flats. We found one of us that we
are going to  move into. We are leaving the mansion...ha it's too big!! Our
new  house is nice and just a small little thing and we are neighbors with
our branch president which is sweet. So the 2 that will come here will stay
in the mansion.  Oh yeah transfers came too...I am staying. Elder LeDoux and
I both. 2 areas in our zone opened  though...16 missionaries came today and
around 16 or so will come  in the next group. We are getting a ton! I have
another grandson! Haha Elder Vagarau is training and got transferred to
Taveuni so he's in my zone. So yeah we were just driving the Hogges all
around  this side of the island for like 2 days. Our Elders Quorum president
is a recent convert who just barely went through the temple which he
probably should have been a lot more prepared. He has an obsession of
dinosaurs and thought he was going to find out when dinosaurs were on the
earth in the temple. Ha that was an interesting conversation. Well anyways
yesterday in priesthood class, he asked me to go over some ordinances so I
did easy ones like the sacrament, baptism and confirmations. We also went
over the offices in the priesthood. Well the sacrament thing went way off!!
We were talking about how it doesn't really matter what you use  for the
bread and all like biskete or roti (tortilla) type of thing, then they
started going off on how if you use roti, you should say roti in the prayer,
it doesn't make sense to say bread but not have bread haha then it started
getting on the ingredients of the thing and whether it's something with
flour or  starch and man it just got hilarious.  The Terry's, The Wells, and
us were just dying trying to help them but man it was too good!  There are
some interesting people in our branch haa but I love them!! They are good
people. Hmmm what else...oh yeah our baptism went well! Beni is his
name...he's the man!! The service was a little hectic! Usually they would
pay a transport to take people to the river to do the baptism because it's
pretty far, but there is no money. We can't do that so  the 2 counselor guy
just straight up and called President Klingler and asked if we could use a
truck or give us money, haha what the heck man!!? So president Klingler
asked to talk to us and we told him what was  going on and told him we
didn't want to call him but that guy just called by himself and supposedly
he called the district president and asked if we could use fast offering
money to pay for the truck and the district president asked the Sherry's in
Taveuni and Elder  Sherry said NO!  Man it's been a headache working with
that one guy, but I don't know. He asked us what was more important the
money or the baptism? Elder LeDoux got pretty annoyed when he said that but
President  Klingler just said to pay for it out of your own money then we
will  give you back the money so that's what we did and now we just need to
plan with our branch what to do and where a closer place to have the
baptism because we have another one this week so we need to figure it out!!
Tupou will be baptized this week...she is 22 and she is awesome!!! We had a
bomb lesson with her yesterday and I really felt that she was ready. At
first it was pretty tough, but she's  been doing good reading and praying
and so we have witnessed the truth of Moroni's challenge to us...It was
awesome!  Our Zone Leaders Council was this past week too. It was pretty
good, we will go back to Suva on the 28th of March. That's our next meeting.
It's hard to explain now, but when I get home, remind me to  tell you about
smackin juice! Haha that's another reason why people  got sent home, so that
was one of the topics we talked about ha we saw presidents feelings about it
and he does not like it! He was just like drinking juice when you're thirsty
is ok but when you start  staying up the whole night and inviting the
sisters over that's when you get sent home!! It got dead silent! Ha it was
intense! So yeah it was a good meeting though. Transfers will happen on
Wednesday so we will need to go to Labasa to take and pick people up...Get
ready for our baptism this  week...It should be fun! So that is what's going
on here in Savusavu!  Its crazy, headache, but I love it! I have learned
what it means and how to love someone. I have felt my love for people
increase and you truly feel it! I have come to love the Fijian people so
much!  Some certain ones for sure! I love it! Well have a great week! Love
you guys!!!> Vakaukauwa tiko!!

Elder Hansen




No comments:

Post a Comment