Hello family!! How’s it going?? Dad don’t worry about the machete thing. If I can’t do it then I won’t force it but I have heard of a lot of people doing it haha but no worries nothing illegal will be done! Man it sounds really cold there! It’s been way hot here the past few days. We went to Taveuni not Rabi. We are going to Rabi tomorrow and coming back on Wednesday and then Wednesday night we go to Suva so we will only be in the area for about 2 days this week. We go to Suva again next week, I believe, for a Zone Leaders meeting ha, so it’s really busy. Taveuni went really good. We had a good training there and got really good feedback from the Elders there about it. We did it at the Senior Couples home, Elder and Sister Sherry. They are from Oregon. They have a way nice house! She made us lunch and one of the best German chocolate cakes I’ve ever had! I mean I haven’t had that many but it was dang good! It rained a lot over there though and we were walking but it was all good. We got back and tried to see a few people. We saw a girl named Tupou that we have been teaching. Her dad is a member but way way way less active. He is very active in the 7th day church. She is awesome though… we had a really good lesson with her. We have committed her to baptism a few time but she’s already been baptized and all those things you know. So we have kept on working with her and the good thing about it is she reads and prays a lot! So it’s just a matter of time and helping her to connect the dots. Well for the first time she said the Book of Mormon was true and Joseph Smith was a true prophet. So we asked about baptism again and she said she now understands that the authority needs to be there. She didn’t fully commit but we are not focusing on church because she hasn’t come to church yet so we mainly focused on that. So she is moving forward...Sooo close!!! It was a really good lesson. One thing I have definitely learned about teaching is some of the best lessons feel like discussions. I felt like we were just talking about it, not really "preaching" to say. So we are hoping to see her at church very soon. Inoke, the older man, hasn’t come to church. We have been trying to work with members to pick him up but nothing has happened yet. We are just trying to find new investigators, we have had a lot of OYMs but no new investigators so it’s been tough...Toso tiko ga! We did exchanges also with the Tacilevu elders. I went up to their area…Nabua. It was pretty good, their area is moving pretty slow too but we found a less active and his wife who is taking lessons ...This less active hasn’t been to church for a long time! His father was one of the ones who started the church on this side of the island. So it was good to see him there. The branch president is really good...President Kalougata. That guy has some crazy stories!! He is strong in the church! One of his stories was in the Ensign back in 2004. It’s called "The Only Survivor" if you want to look it up ha it’s pretty cool. If you read that story and think about his name...the meaning of his name in Fijian is "blessed". We had a really good lesson with one of their investigators too...her husband was drunk but it was still a good lesson. She definitely felt the spirit. We taught her about the plan of salvation...Mainly our life on earth. It was very good.. We met with another less active who was also drunk. He hasn’t been to church also in the longest time. He was going off about how he was going to be the president of Fiji in the church and how God is preparing him to lead Fiji...Just a lot of random stuff but yeah they will go back to see him at a time when he’s sober ha...uhh what else...oh yeah Dad I am reading right now the D&C. I have not yet started the Book of Mormon again. My reading in D&C so far has been awesome though. I had a really good study today. I have been wanting to write in my study journal more during personal study but I didn’t know a good way to do it or how to do it. I didn’t just want to write everything and what not but then it clicked! haha So I had a good study that actually went into my study journal. That is one thing I wish I would have learned way earlier is how to do a study journal but I want to continue with it even after. I few scriptures from section 35 and section 38... about how God calls the weak things of the world to "thrash" the world by His spirit. The word thrashed stood out to me. I looked it up in the dictionary (which I use a lot now...English that is) It means to beat violently. But another one that sounded better was to defeat heavily. I have had many experiences and testimonies about this. It reminded me of a talk Dad gave me by Elder Bednar. When we are clueless we rely more upon heaven...That is the key...Joseph Smith could in no way, do what he did , if he didn’t rely upon heaven. That’s why we need to be humble, recognize our weaknesses and go to God and rely on Him, He will be there to help us. Another one was from Section 38.."hear my words, and follow me and you shall be a free people". This also reminded me of a scripture from John 8:32 "The truth shall make you free" It’s not rocket science...yes its difficult at times, but if we always remember what we can receive when we follow His words. We will be free. Free can mean many different things to us in different situations. So yeah that is just a little insight from my studies today. It’s hard to study all the time like this because I have so many other things to study about, investigators, trainings and what not...But I am trying to do as often as possible. That’s one thing I am excited for though is to go back to institute. I was reminded of my patriarchal blessing..."As you organize your time and efforts to study the scriptures, your mind and understanding will be increased. I have learned to love the scriptures and want learn as much as I can. I know it’s a lifelong task, but I want to do my best at it. Things are busy, new missionaries come in a week or two I think...Uhh yeah things are good...So hope everyone gets better! Love you guys!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment