HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though its on Wednesday but big 5-0!!! Its weird not celebrating our bdays together man! I'll drink some coconuts for you! Haha but yeah I am not a teenager anymore!!!!!!!!! What's going on my amazing family!? As always, things are great here!! We are celebrating my birthday today because it was Sunday here and we couldn't buy anything. So tonight you know what it is... Cake and ice cream!! Can't wait! The AP that just went home was Elder Malo. His brother played at Cottonwood. They were the poly family that lived in Chillys house in Park Place. It was crazy when I met him and started talking about it. Transfers haven't come yet but this week probably. Our President is out of the country, I think in New Caledonia. The village drama has settled down now so we can baptize the one who was waiting on the divorce because the guy is in prison for rape I guess. The couple Saula and Aliti, who both wanted to be baptized and then said to stop until they were married and they would take the lessons together...well they got into a fight and Aliti cut Saulas finger with a machete so she left, but Saula still wants to be baptized. He just has to stop smoking than he's set. So out of all the drama, some good came out of it except we lost Aliti as an investigator. But this week we have found like 4 potential investigators. So its been a good week. The work could be picking up alot soon. We have three baptism dates for Dec 3 and possibly two more in December. In the Burewai village, the new Methodist church just came in. There are 4 girl missionaries and one of them is a preacher, I think haha. So people say they are the mission girls and we are the mission boys. We haven't met them yet. Ha, I want to though!! We talked to the Methodist preacher this week just for the heck of it. He was a nice guy but he brought up experience. He said you need experience to live and know Christ. He said he knows because he was spent 30 years doing it. We didn't argue or anything but the main thing that we said was that we were going to walk through the village and talk to the people in his church. Haha. He was ok with it though. So listen to how old school Saioko is. So they are suppose to start church at 11 and so we go up at 12:30 to see some people after. They had not started yet. They said that they run on the old time from daylight savings. So to them it was only 11:30. Well they are still late on the old time! They said the new time is time of man and the old time is the time of God so that's why they don't change their clocks at all. So funny man!! Freaking Saioko men, I love them though. They are awesome. So yeah that's about all! Hopefully I will get the package today! Thanks so much for sending it. You guys are awesome!! One thing I have learned, is attitude is sooo big! You need to know what you need to do, do everything you can do that you have control of, and leave everything else to Heavenly Father. If you sulk, things are not going to get better. If you keep moving forward, things will pass by. I love this mission! Its freaking awesome! Good days and bad days, I love it! Well I hope you have a great bday dad and everyone else have a great week! Talk to you next week! Love you!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment