Surprise email from Elder Hansen!!!!
Bula family!!
Well Im here safe and sound! The past two days, we have stayed with the aps in Suva and just did a few things and chilled,..Pres and Sister Klinlger are really cool!! She baked us the best cookies ever!! I got my sulus! hahaha i love it....The ride from Nadi to Suva was terrible It was soo long! Right when we got there we went and played basketball ha it was awesome...Yesterday we went on splits and we taught this 10 year old girl who was the smartest girl ever! She was reading the Book of Abraham. It was nuts!!! I dont know even know what to say! Fiji is awesome!! My new comp is from Samoa Elder Key and our area is called Burewai...aka "The bush". We are taking a hike to a village today and sleeping in the church...sound familiar?? I'll be sure to take lots of pics dont worry! Oh yeah and there is not one bit of englsih in our area...its going to be really hard but really good, everyone says that this is the place you want to start at cuz all there is is Fijian so I'll be working hard! I dont know even know what to say haha its crazy here, definitely different but its good. So supposedly I am baptizing someone Saturday too in Fijian! haha quick start huh!? Also, we are in town right now but in a bit we have a 3 hour drive to our area and my comp cant drive and its a stick which I'm not very good at and they drive on the left side of road here and i have to drive to our area. hahha not gonna lie kinda nervous but I'll get it done! Man Fiji is different and it's what I expected it to be. I'ts awesome tho i cant wait.I'm definitely going to have a lot of adventures. It's my third day and I'm already having a ton...Oh yeah during our lesson yesterday we heard some kid gettin beat too. Thats normal though here just kind of caught me off guard. It's gorgeous here tho for sure, both poor and nice areas, its crazy. Next week I'll email some pics. But everything is going good and time to work! Love you all and I'm in good hands! haha oh yeah guess who is my ZL?? elder Hillyard! (he's the young man whose family we visited right after Shane got his call) Alright well im out matavuvale! love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment