Jun 22, 2011

week 7

Bula Family!

Hows everything going? This week was a really good week! Well I don't know if I ever told you this but I have service (clean toilets, etc.) at 6:15 am. It sucks but it's easy. HaHa funny story of the day! So we were practicing our language task and it was shopping so we went to the book store and we said a prayer before and for some reason we went into the bathroom. Well Moaalii starts to pray and all of a sudden we just here (fart, fart, fart) haha we start dying!!!!!!!! then we get quiet and we hear "I am so sorry elders!!!" It was so funny! Well I finished the New Testament this week! I learned alot from it! I always try to find verses that I can apply to my life and the investigators life and there were some very good ones! Sunday we sang "We'll bring the world his truth" in Samoan too....the Samoans left and we sang with them. It was really cool. We had a kid start bawling and that night I went up to him and asked what was wrong. I guess he and a friend used to always sing that song and one day they got in an accident and his friend was killed. I tried to do everything I could to make him feel better and just tried to use the spirit to tell me what to say....I kinda took him under my wing and he wrote in my journal and said I helped him alot and looks up to me and so it made me feel happy and happy that I helped him somehow....Our TRC this week was kinda tough. We taught a Hindu guy that believed in all gods! haha we didn't know where to start but it lead into prayer somehow and it was really good! We just kinda siked ourselves out. It was a really good lesson. I find out that it is very very rude to touch their heads. I guess when you give blessings you say jilou alot before you do it so they know you are about to touch their head ha (jilou) means excuse me....It's crazy haha we had a culture night last night and our teachers showed us pics and videos about Fiji and it was so sick! I'm so excited! It reminded me of Jaces alot with the little kids!! I can't wait!!! It was way cool!!! I saw the Browns quite a bit and they left today! They say "were off!" It was sweet to see them. I will see my mission president I'm guessing. This week is gonna be crazy. I'm excited for it!! I'll keep you updated on that!! Well hope all is well and dad keep those birds out!!! But Tanner is next to me right now and he says hi parents! He is doing really good! Well I love you all and keep busy and living life cuz i am!!! Love you all!!!

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment