Feb 20, 2013

week 93


Bula vinaka my fmaily!!


Sounds like things are going well. We are going to Labasa after this for our
Zone Conference tomorrow. Tonight will be the zone activity but our
volleyball picnic didn't get approved. So we are having a small dinner in
the evening and then playing 2 games. It should be pretty fun. Then tomorrow
will be our conference. We have our training ready and all. It will be my
last zone conference...haha weird. So I heard from Elder Inu, my MTC comp,
that he thought that our date to leave is May 9th. I am not 100 percent
positive, but that could be it...so yeah FYI.
So that second picture I sent you is pretty cool eh?? haha That guy has been
hookin us up! So I think this week I might buy a couple other things from
him...Anything you guys want??
So I was talking to the elders from Tamavua and Wailoku, my last area, They
are tearing up!!! They are doing awesome! There have been like 3 or 4 people
I think that I taught there that has been baptized! Its awesome! I was
stoked when I heard that! When we got there, it was DEAD! So I was very
happy!
This week we were in the area the whole week! We had 19 lessons this week!
Very good week! Our baptisms are still planned. Tupou was sketch, because of
her parents, she thought they would get mad, but she asked and they said yes
and then at church, she was like so what day can I get baptized?  Haha we
were happy. We still need to work with her on a couple things to help her be
very firm and what not. So we are still planning to have at least 4 baptisms
in March, hopefully 6, but we are still working with the other two. It's
been busy! We have also been helping our Branch President with his tithing
settlement and 4th quarter reports from last year.  It's been tough because
we don't know how MLS works either! Luckily Elder Terry has been able to
help us. Man, this District with money is not so good!! The Senior couples
have been very busy and stressed trying to get all this stuff figured out.
The auditors are coming out this next week so I am sure there will be some
investigations. The Senior couples are HUGE!!! On this island a lot of
people have no idea what or how to do things.  So that's another challenge
on this island because as missionaries a lot of times you need to be there
to help. Our branch president is awesome though. He was called last August
or September and he doesn't give the check book to anyone. He is changing
things to how its supposed to be done.  So every now and then within the
week we go over to help them. He is also head of security at one of the
shopping places here and they have just begun a huge investigation with a
robbery. So he has been involved with that too so we know he has a lot on
his shoulders, so we try to help him as much as we can.. Hes the man!
I finished reading Doctrine and Covenants on Saturday...I achieved my goal!
I was looking back 2 weeks ago and i thought I wasnt going to be able to
finish it  but then just last week I was really close.  So yeah it was
awesome. I want to go into Jesus the Christ a bit and start again the Book
of Mormon.
Well, my Mother, our service we had planned got cancelled! So I had to
adjust and we were at the flat a lot of the day that day, doing studies and
cleaning a bit but what I did was just really thanked and showed how
grateful we were for this member who has been an awesome help with 2 of our
investigators this couple, Orisi and Seriani.  So it wasn't how I wanted it
to be, but it was something small and I felt like he appreciated it...So
yeah. Haha.
Well I believe that is all! We are going to eat lunch after this and then
head to Labasa...Hope you guys have a good week! Tell pops I say hi! Things
are going good! Its weird how fast time flies...just about
2 more months...I was thinking back to my first area and how clueless I was
and how much I thought I knew  but how much I really didnt know!
I've definitely seen the growth! Love you guys! Take it easy! kalougata
tiko!
Elder Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment