Bula Vinaka family!
How's it? This week was a very up and down week! Packages. No I'm good! I'll
probably think of something later but I don't have anything right now. Yeah
garments are so cheap here. I just bought new ones a few weeks ago. They are
like 1.80 for top and bottom. I am good! Vinaka! Elder Gardner is the man!!
He looks like and reminds of Jason Crawford man! Elder Tausiga trained him.
We are speaking Fijian a lot. He is not very confident in his teaching or
Fijian so I have been trying to give him as many opportunities to teach and
like all spiritual thoughts I make him do it. I teach him ways to teach
different things so he really likes just listening and watching he says but
I try to get him to do a lot. He's the man! We get along very well. Thursday
we spent 4 hours cleaning our flat haha. The senior couples in the office
bought us a mop and broom and stuff to finish so there's a big change from
where it was before! Much better!! Boy! We made homemade nachos the other
day!!! I bought a block of cheese and took it to an American family and they
shredded the cheese and bought some chips. I have no idea how to spell that
word...The type of chip we always use for it...but yeah that one! I felt
like I was home after church eating my usual snack! IT was delicious! I have
done better this week stretching too...I am so unflexible! It hurts to
stretch! So Class yesterday in Wailoku was interesting. Bishop and a high
council guy were in the ysa class. The teacher would ask a question and ask
of course the ysa ( it is for them). Then the High councilor would just go
off and talk about deep doctrine stuff and none of the ysa would talk and he
would kind of argue with Bishop and what not and it was just a rough class
and then Bishop just said...Please let the YSA talk. This is their class!!
Haha I learned a lot from that. Your words father to me one day before my
mission....I want to know deep stuff and you said...Faith, Repentance,
Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End...Worry about that! Especially
for the ysa here...Simple things! As teachers, I have learned that you must
teach for understanding. That's how to be a good teacher. You can ask all
the doctrine but if not one understands it, it's pointless. There is a quote
in PMG something like a good teacher can take something so complicated like
the gospel and simplify it so a child can understand it. That's the
important thing...True doctrines understood, will change our behavior and
gain that knowledge. So yeah..Speaking of PMG, Dad look at ch 8 in PMG, the
chapter How to Use Time Wisely! haha.. We were also meeting with a less
active and he was talking about a scripture in 1 Corinthians I think. Talked
about how a Woman can't speak or preach or something like that. He asked
me...You think that is right? You believe that? I just kind of smiled and
was like Do woman speak in church now? He said yes... then I said, if this
is the true church of Jesus Christ, then it must be ok now! haha I was just
thinking that we need to worry about the things that matter to us to receive
Eternal life you know...but yeah! I do feel I am converted...and that
Heavenly Father is in charge! All these things just make sense and I don't
second guess it! ITs just the truth! I love it! So yeah the bad part of this
week was that the baptism didn't go through! We saw him on Thursday and he
was set...He went to a funeral in the west last week and he forgot his
church clothes. We didn't know this until the day of the baptism. So Friday
morning he had this idea to go all the way out there to get it and then to
come back that night. Saturday morning, I just felt like we needed to go
check on him and the Spirit was right! He was not there! He was not back
yet! The truck got stuck on the bad roads and bad weather. He wasn't back
all of Sunday either...So I don't know! Disappointing! So we need to talk to
him and get things figured out. The good thing was we got 5 new
investigators this week! 3 of them want to be baptized! We have been praying
to find those prepared people and these 3 are definitely prepared!! Our goal
for this last quarter is 6 baptisms. I feel very confident that we will
achieve it! Wait...she needs to get divorced and then she will be set so we
are hoping that won't take long. I will probably be transferred before all
of them get baptized unfortunately but oh well. But one of those 3..Sami, he
is 21 years old. He started smoking marijuana in 5th grade...yaqona, bia,
tavako, all of that stuff, he was doing it. Last Monday, I just wanted an
Ice cream cone from McDonalds and so we got one, walked outside and just sat
there and like 1 minute later he comes and we start talking and he tells us
about his drugs and all that and his dream! He was way high at the time of
the dream. He and his sister were inside the house and there was a frog
there. His sister was telling him to get out because it was disgusting. The
frogs stomach was very big and swollen and so we picked it up and was just
looking at its stomach...he was amazed by it...Well the frog didn't pee for
3 days and that's why it was so big. He pressed on the stomach and the frog
peed and it went inside his mouth! hahaha gross!!! He was just spitting out
and it was nasty you know...Well he wakes up and was like what the heck was
that!! So he prayed about it. He said the Lord told him...look at what you
are doing, all the drugs and what not...It's all disgusting just like the
frogs pee! Stop!! and from that day he hasn't had anything since!! Haha, can
you say the Lord works in mysterious ways!! He wants to go out with us and
just sit and listen to us. He came to church on Sunday and loved it!! He was
amazed by it!! He said the first few things that he loved....Discipline. He
was shocked that young people were sharing in sacrament and loved the
sharing in classes. He went home and immediately told us uncle that isn't a
member. He is going to institute with the YSA on Tuesday...He loves it! It
was awesome! He just wants to change his life. He said that at the beginning
of the year his friend died and he said that's how I am going to be the way
I am right now. He told himself that he would die in 2012. He wouldn't live.
Well we met and we shared a few things and then he said. What I said is
true...I am going to die this year...the end of my life is coming...but the
beginning of my new life is about start! I thought that was way cool!! Old
life is going to die! and the new one will be born! So yeah it was sweet!! I
am excited! Good things are happening!! All is well here in Fiji! Oh yeah
the pictures was at a party...a 70th birthday party...one of the biggest
celebrations! This family is well off. They had a DJ a MC and all this
stuff! It was a party!!! Sooo much food!! The picture of the food...that was
only half of the tables. Things would be gone and then refill again...pig,
different kinds of chicken, fish, man so much food!! It was way fun!!
So yeah things are good!! Continue to do well!! Work hard and be the best at
whatever you are doing...do it the HANSEN WAY! Because the HANSEN way in the
LORDS way!! Moce!!
Elder Hansen

No comments:
Post a Comment