Ni bula rei ena siga vinaka nikua! Au sa vakavinavinakataka na nomudou vola mai nikua. Oi kemudou sa tamata vinaka duadua ga! Whats good my fam!? Sounds like a pretty good week this week eh? This week was a very up and down week, well technically it was down first then got better. Well let's start with
the bad...my boy Elder Hanke, had to go home this week. :( He has had a
problem with his leg and has had huge veins sticking out of his leg, he
can't run and all that. His first 1 1/2 months in Labasa was in the
hospital, lost 30 pounds and what not. So he was getting better and all,
veins were still huge then he got this red bump thing on his leg. So he got
it checked out and of course in Fiji they didn't know what was wrong. He
sent pics to his doc on Tuesday. Wednesday morning called him and told him
that he needed to get back to America immediately and within a few hours he
was on a plane. So it sucked big time! He emailed today and I guess they
found a blood clot. The veins were sticking out from his calf to his
stomach. Ha not good!!! He got an honorable release and if he does decide to
go back out, it won't be to Fiji. So that was a big downer this week. So we
had to go to Labasa that morning to be with Elder Estill so he wasn't alone
plus it was zone conference so we werent in our area for even one whole day
last week so the numbers were a whole lot of 0's but at least there was a
reason. So yeah, random fact time....pdays now, we are no longer allowed to
play with girls. Kind of sucks but after one elder got sent home not too
long ago, there is a good reason why Pres. Klingler has made it that
way..(hint hint). Sister Terry is hooking me up with a 33 year old and I am
going to jump out of her birthday cake hahahaha. It is soo funny!!! Don't
worry, it's not serious, just funny. So yes Zone conference, it was just our
zone and can I just say, we have some strange people in our mission! Haha, I
love them though! It was really good! President talked about obedience!
Heber J Grant said "That which we are consistant in doing, becomes easier
and easier, and that thing never changes." We just need to try to be
obedient everyday and the more we do consistantly, the easier it is to be
obedient. That rule didnt change at all but its just us doing it every day
and what not, so it was really good. Also some about planning. He called it
Celestial planning and Elder Estill and I are talking about it and trying to
fit it in our district. You make a 10 list of people in different categories
like baptism date, less active, recent convert, new investigator stuff like
that. It was pretty good and takes some time but makes planning a lot easier
and more effective. He said there is no power in goals if not connected to
vision and no power to goals if not connected to planning. So when we set
goals, we must have a vision of what we want to accomplish and how to do it,
thats how we base our goals, and we cant achieve those goals if we cant plan
for them and how to accomplish them. It was really good! I had a good
interview with him, short and sweet, haha. I have come to conclusion that he is one of the busiest people I have ever met. It is going to be very good for him when they split the mission in July. He was on a 11 day zone conference tour with Vanuatu and New Caledonia and then came here to the
west, straight from the west came to Vanua Levu then straight back to Suva
for the last zone conference and in each one, meeting with members, talking
in sacrament, interviews. The AP's said that for the past few weeks they
only get like 4 ours of sleep. Crazy! Oh yeah I got a new companion
too....hahaha I have a son!!!!! I am training!! He is a Fijian from Korovou.
I knew him from Burewai so it is pretty cool!! He doesnt speak any English.
Ha, I love it! I taught him how to check his email and how to work an atm
machine already. It's awesome! I am not training a Suva Fijian, he is a
straight out of the bush Fijian! Its awesome! Elder Vagarau, I keep wanting
to call him Jone (his first
name). I always called him that in Burewai but he is a very good kid and very hard worker! He always went with the Korovou elders to lessons and what
not. SO yeah, I have a brown son! I am very excited to do the training
again. I was the first one to do it and now I am teaching someone else to
do. It's going to be fun. Now that I am training and the training is 12
weeks so I am guessing I won't leave until June but it's all good. So my
branch missionary is now Elder Estills comp until the 20th of this month
when the next transfers are. SO yeah, its been a crazy week with Hanke, zone
conference, getting a new comp and all but it's been good! I am excited! I
am happy because he absolutely forces me to speak Fijian so now there will
be nothing in English. Well I take that back because he is trying to learn
English so I'll be helping him with that, but you know what I mean! SO yeah
thats the scoop! I am glad all is going well! oh yeah supposedly there are
2-3 packages for me finallly!!! I will get them this week I think, Thursday
or Friday maybe, but I guess they are on this island! Well I love you all!!!
Do work!!! Sa moce toka!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment