Ni sa bula vinaka!
What's good family? How are things? Yeah, I saw Houston on the front page
when I got on. That sucks! Happy Valentines too! Sounds like all is going
good! Yeah, Hillyard is not happy! He was suppose to be off the island a
couple days ago but because of the weather he hasn't been able so I don't
know if he is there today or not. His mom is here already though. He is a
crazy kid! Well this week was a little slow. We didn't get to see some of
the people we wanted and transfers were this week too! Yashko has been
transferred to Burewai now. Haha funny huh? I am now with a ward missionary
from Savusavu. Elder Myer, my last comp, baptized him about 6 months ago. So
he is a recent convert and I just met him this morning. He seems really cool
though. It will be interesting. I don't know how long I'll be with him but I
just want to help him learn and show him how fun the mission is so he wants
to serve. So we'll see what happens! Like I said, not a whole lot happened
this week but we did have a cool experience though. We went to this house
and there were like 7-8 people there, not of all the same family, and we
were just going to share an intro lesson. Well, the Methodist preacher was
there sitting in on it. Haha it was funny. We didn't really worry about him,
just focused on the people. He ended up not saying ONE word the whole time.
It really surprised us! It was good though, there were a few that were very
interested. There was one kid, 20 years old, named Alfred. He came to the
house just to hang out, didn't know what we were doing there. He just sat in
and listened and became very interested. After the lesson we were just
talking about stuff. I was answering his questions. It was just 1 on 1 with
me and him, just chilling and talking. He all of sudden said, man I want to
be like you! I want to preach the gospel. I told him that he could have the
opportunity if he read the Book of Mormon, prayed, and continued to learn.
He promised he would come to church this next Sunday so we'll see if he
comes. He was a way cool kid. I think we could have a great potential
investigator with him. Oh yeah, also at that house, the wife's mom stays
there and she is 99!!!! She came out laughing and shaking our hand. Haha it
was crazy!! So funny dream! I had a dream that dad and the whole bishopric
wore sulu's at my homecoming and then after that, it was the cool thing to
wear and I came back to Fiji and bought a ton more so all the young men and
elders could wear them. Haha it was funny! This week I have been doing a lot
of thinking about mission, life, and what not and I have been watching these
church movies multiple times every day, Treasure in Heaven: The John Tanner
Story and Only a Stonecutter: Story of John Rowe Moyle, and I absolutely
love them! Especially the John Tanner one. If you guys can find them, I
highly recommend them!! They are very short but powerful!! Just about giving
their lives to the church and truly living the law of consecration. I was
thinking about how I am doing at that. I really want to give my all and my
life to the church. It's awesome! I love it! So yeah that's about all for
the week. Oh yeah, we taught the young women's class last Sunday too. The
pictures are some of the best I have taken! A lot of sunsets. The pictures
can't get the real view of it, it's different but the ones here, were
exactly how it was! Haha it was sweet!! Yashko is the one with the goofy
face. So yeah, love you all! Try to watch those two movies! Peace n
blessings!!
Be who you are designed and capable to become!
Elder Tukai (Hansen)


No comments:
Post a Comment