Bula vinaka family!!
Isa man, that wind sounds crazy!! The weather definitely nice and warm here! Haha I finally got your box!!! Thank you very much! It was awesome! We ate those peeps and man, can you say sugar rush!? We were acting soo weird man! The caramel melted a little bit but it's all good! Elder Myer is awesome! We get along very well! We are already teaching well together. It's awesome! We both have the same goals and we decided to be true preach my gospel teachers. A lot of missionaries teach things that are not in PMG. PMG is given to us for a reason and we should follow it. So we decided to teach right out of preach my gospel. We are also a Fijian speaking companionship. I have spoken more Fijian to him in a week then I did with Elder Key in the 4 months I was with him. Its sweet. We think a lot of good things will happen soon. We had a baptism Saturday, Jonasa, a 8 year old who we thought was a member already. He would go to church every week, knows stories from the Book of Mormon, and come to find out he has never been baptized! His dad passed away a few years back and his mom is not a member. He is the smartest 8 year old I have ever met. He is like the only one that can speak English in the village, Haha. We have one scheduled on the 17th also. She was supposed to be baptized with Jonasa but the day before she drank tea. She is 11 years old!! Crazy Fijian kids man. But we talked to her and her parents which are two waiting on the divorce and they want her to be baptized. That's sweet that Mark is the mission leader, he will be good! We can't just go door to door in the villages. The chief doesn't allow it but we just talk to people on the street, members sometimes help. Wednesday we gave out 10 pamphlets and 1 dvd. We have been just trying to talk to as many people as we can. Invite, invite, invite! Yes, you guys need to do branch council! We are just starting it in this area. It's very tough to do it consistently, but if you have everyone involved, it makes it so much easier. I am keeping my journal, don't worry! I have actually done really well on it lately, everyday man! Not studying anything specific right now. My study journal was falling apart because it was just a little notebook, so I bought a hard cover legit journal from the distribution center, so I am just copying into that from my other one and making it organized. Once I get done copying then I will get back on my study schedule. We are practicing a nativity to do for the Christmas party in Nasautoka. Elder Myer and I are the angels because we are the only two white kids! Haha, it's funny. Oh yeah, the other day, we were just walking in the village and we pass this group of people around 18-21 years old. We were just talking and then they were like man you guys are maleka!! Uro uro uro!! All this stuff! Haha Maleka means delicious and uro literally means fat, but to say someone is "hot" oh what not, girls just yell out uro uro. It was so funny! Because we were two white kids that know Fijian. Hilarious man! Guess what though!? We totally got an appointment to see one of them!! She was asking questions about kava and marriage and stuff and we were like hey, let's meet again next week and we will talk about the church and she said yes! So this is the coolest part of the week. A guy from Nadi, that Elder Myer baptized, gave him a note for us to give to this guy that lives in a village called Silemi, right between Burewai and Saioko. They are a royal family and a member in Burewai. He is the kings son, too. So he came with us to see this guy. The note said, please take care of these elders and receive them. So we go to the village, gorgeous! Literally on the water, coolest looking village I have been to. We ask around for this guy, everyone is just staring at us in the village. The village isn't open to preach in so we had to find the guy, talk to him and then leave right after. So we talked to him, he was kind of sketch with us at first and then we tell him about the note and he reads it and said "Welcome" You are family! It was soo sweet that this royal guy just told us we are family. So we are going Sunday to teach him and his wife. So we very well could be opening up this village and if this guy gets baptized, he will be the first in that village and then who knows what will happen after. So we are praying very hard and seeing what happens! It was sweet though! So yeah, that was this week! Haha, a very good week!! This week really made me love being in the villages and not the city. We experience the village culture and the family culture. Its sweet! So yeah that's the week! Hope you guys have a great week! I love you all!!
Elder Kaseni!
P.S. I will probably email Saturday around 5ish again, we have a conference Monday so Saturday is our next p day.

No comments:
Post a Comment